TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Recommended Campgrounds and Places to Visit
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2015, 06:10 PM   #11
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToCamp View Post
We went in July of 2012. If you want to see some pictures, follow link.
Glacier just jumped several spots higher on my list. Must.....get.....more....vacation.

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 05:05 AM   #12
scrubjaysnest
TrailManor Master

We like the east side of Glacier also. But we found Deep Creek NF CG on the North Fork of the Flat Head River really nice as the camp sites are much larger, your site over looks Glacier and there is a back door entrance to Glacier NP two miles up the road. This is on the west side.
From Columbia Falls take CR 486. Its gravel.

mods: 2- 100 watt solar panels, on roof, 300 watts portable

“They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Benjamin Franklin
scrubjaysnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 07:26 AM   #13
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

Channel Islands National Park
Never been there, it's on my bucket list but I would only go there when school is in.
Death Valley National Park Truly amazing, I'd like to go back.
Joshua Tree National Park It's cool, nice hikes, I'd definitely go back.
Kings Canyon National Park A lot of people love this place but we didn't like it that much. I might go back, but ?
Lassen Volcanic National Park Love it, go there often, would go back again and again, there are some places we haven't been to.
Redwood National Park It's been years since we've been there but my memory of the park is that I wasn't amazed.
Sequoia National Park The trees are amazing but we've been to Calaveras Big Trees and actually liked that better.
Yosemite National Park We've been there many times, going back this summer, I don't think I'll ever get tired of it. It is the most amazing place I've ever been to in California.
plus a new one, Pinnacles, created a year ago by President Obama. Anyone know anything about it?
I'm kind of surprised that they made it a national park, it's unique, but I wouldn't go out of my way to see it. We like to hike, but the hiking is really strenuous, you have to be in really good shape to get up to the top (especially when it's hot). The campground is nice and they have a pool which is great because it gets really hot there. Definitely not a place to go in the heat of summer. We liked going to Arroyo Seco better, but you need to be able to do strenuous hiking and rock hop along the river to really enjoy it. That was our "go to" camping spot in our 20's. It gets mobbed on weekends.
Old 03-04-2015, 08:35 AM   #14
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

Channel Islands NP is amazing. Tent camping only of course, but between that and the difficulty in getting there, you are rewarded with no crowds and beautiful scenery. A unique experience.

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 10:09 AM   #15
Lesherp
Site Sponsor

Here is a link to some pictures of where we have been.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/101899116@N06/sets/

Dealer Options:swing tongue, sink cabinet, awning, air conditioning, tile

Modification: 15“ tires & monitor system, WDH, Prodigy B.C., 2-6 V. batteries & clipper monitor, LED's. Additional modifications can be seen in albums.
Pictures of campsites and places we visited can be seen at https://www.flickr.com/photos/101899116@N06/sets/.

Lesherp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 10:50 AM   #16
HIKERZ
TrailManor Master

Bahia Hondo in the Keys is pretty nice-not the front section but the back. There is a low part of old roadway that you have to pass under so TT, fivers and anything pretty much taller than a truck will not fit- a trail manor will fit
Old 03-04-2015, 07:34 PM   #17
Bailey'sMom
Site Sponsor

Default Wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesherp View Post
Here is a link to some pictures of where we have been.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/101899116@N06/sets/
Beautiful pictures Roger! I need to get in much better shape before I retire so I can check out all these beautiful places.

Loved the hummingbird photos. Incredible photographer!

(RIP Bailey - 12/6/2020)
Welcome Sophie DOB 1/5/2021
Mini Goldendoodle (who's not so mini)

New to me 2010. 2720SD TrailManor
New to me 2010 Chevy Traverse

Both purchased July 2013

Factory installed 80W solar panel.

New batteries June 30th 2018.
(SLIGC115 Duracell Ultra 6V Deep Cycle Golf Cart Battery x 2)
New bag seals Sept 2020
Rohent R7 HD 1080P RV Wireless Backup Camera Installed Sept 2020
Bailey'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 09:16 AM   #18
uurider

Default Yellowstone NP query

I hope you can advise me. My wife and I are planning a trip West (from Western New York State) and would hope to camp in Yellowstone from September 12-18. I am a bit nervous about bears so would like to camp in whichever campground has the lowest bear visitation rate. But on the other hand we must have 110v electric to power some medical equipment at night. Any recommendations? Thanks.
uurider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 10:42 AM   #19
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

My bet is that bear visitation rates change year-to-year, and season-to-season. Hard to say now where the bears will be in September.

I frequent the Good Sam/RV.net forum, and there are a few recent threads on Yellowstone. There are mentions that most Yellowstone campgrounds are without power.

Check the threads, and be sure to check the Nat'l Parks reservation system for details of each campground. They will say whether there are sites with power, and if they are available for reservations.

Good luck, and enjoy your trip!
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 12:47 PM   #20
rmcconnell44

National Parks visited:
Acadia
Everglades
Great Smoky Mountains
Mammoth Cave
Shenandoah
Joshua Tree
Badlands
Grand Teton
Rocky Mountain
Glacier
Wind Cave
Yellowstone
North Cascades
Olympic
Plan on some of the Utah parks this fall and Alaska in 2017. We will be going up the Rocky Mountain route and coming back down the Cassair highway.
Favorites are Glacier and Grand Teton/Yellowstone.
Red Bus tour in Glacier is well worth the time and many trails are outstanding for views. We camped at Fish Creek and Two Medicine. Visited Bowman Lake, Apgar, Avalanche Creek, St. Mary and Many Glacier. Hard to go wrong on any but higher usage at Apgar and Avalanche Creek. There were showers at Fish Creek.
Just got back after 40 days and 11 National Parks
Going west we stopped at Theodore Roosevelt NP, South Unit, Glacier NP, North Cascades NP, Mount Rainier NP, Great Basin NP, Zion NP, Bryce NP, Capitol Reef NP, Canyonlands NP, Arches NP, and Mesa Verde NP.
Our Favorite park was Glacier. Our best vista/view was Mount Rainier. Our best park for hikes was Zion. Our best overall experience was a phenomenal opportunity to watch a wild life and death scene where two wolves were trying to take a 10 point whitetail buck at Lake Howe in Glacier. After failing, they gathered their pups. We were in the middle of all of this with no threat to us. Documented this event with pictures.
Still think favorite parks are Glacier and Grand Tetons
rmcconnell44 is offline   Reply With Quote