TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2009, 08:53 AM   #11
nonichris

Default We have three dobermans

So that adds up to about 250 pounds of dog...They do not like lying on the floor, so we got the TM with the double bed up above and behind two sofas, the 3124KB, and the upper bed then has all the cozy dog beds for them...the photo with the GSDs was a selling point. The only problem we have had is that the dogs have not yet really learned about the table, so we mostly keep it folded up..They do tend to jump down to the floor rather than first onto the sofas, and that is a bit high for safety...and they really seem to prefer the sofas...more like home, I guess. Our dogs don't appreciate extra floor space, so that is why we chose this model. They mostly stay off the bed in the back, as it is off limits, even though they do sleep in/on our huge bed at home. We cannot keep our TM in our garage, and not even at home as we live on a very steep hill with one way streets. Someone accidentally pulled a 20 foot trailer into our driveway last weekend, and it took them three hours to back the 1/4 mile out. A neighbor had to drive the truck for them when he heard all the noise of their failed attempts.
Old 04-14-2009, 11:39 AM   #12
Joseph

Default Thank you for your service.

Dan;

I too was interested in the Hybrid type of TT when the pop-up was becoming a bit of a pain. That is why I started to read your thread. Then I came across your statement...

" Right now, I am deployed to Iraq and cannot visit a dealer to inspect the trailers."

Thank you for your service. Come home safe and enjoy what ever it is you decide to go with... For what it is worth one of the reasons we went with the TM instead of a Hybrid is there is still canvas that has to be worked with while the TM has none and can be put up and taken down wet.

If there is anything any of us can do for you while you are deployed just holler!

Thanks again for your service.
Old 04-17-2009, 06:13 PM   #13
fischnet52

Default Why a Trailmanor?

Dan, First, let me say "Thanks for Serving". Please be safe.

We just got our 2720SD last Oct. We have not had the chance yet to get out with it, but sure spent time in it last fall transferring our 'stuff' from the popup before we got all our snow! We spent several hours on many nights sitting and working through our 'routine' and did get a very good feel for how we will camp. Now that spring has come to N. Idaho, we are unwrapping it and getting ready for the 'trial' run!

We are selling the Jayco 1207 popup, which opens to 22ft w/queen and full beds, and really gave us 'room', even with 2-3 kids along. But we are like you and spend our time outside most of the time unless the weather goes sour. We had admired the Trailmanor for some 5 years, having seen one next door in Olympic NP. Like Alan, and for same reasons, we were looking for something hard sided and with a shower/toilet, but wanted the light weight towability I'd come to enjoy with the Jayco. Meaning decent milage, ease of towing in various terrains and getting into back woods camp sites, etc. This tows and feels very much like the Jayco and the room, with a dinette in the slide rather than the sofa, gives us room to easily work at the table with extra floor space. And now that the kids are gone, we feel like we have a lot more room. But I can't answer the dog question - we have no dogs to share space with!!

We did pick it up used (though it was only 3 months with prvious owner!) and there are several 'out there' worth looking at. Saves a bit of the out the door price!

Good luck! And again, come home safely!
Old 04-17-2009, 07:05 PM   #14
rumbleweed

DW and I have a 2720SL which was an upgrade from a PUP. We also spend most all our time outside and have one large dog. The nice thing about the TM is you have room to move when forced inside due to cold rain. Also simpler to open and close in the rain and no need rush home and open up to dry canvas after a rainy close. A hybrid will still have the drying out issue for the bunks.

Thank You for serving your country
Be safe.
Old 04-24-2009, 10:20 AM   #15
Queeniereads

God bless you and come home safe...then buy a Trailmanor. THey tow safely and economically. They go anywhere. We have had ours since 2005 and have been very pleased. Q
Old 04-24-2009, 10:44 AM   #16
Scott O

Thank you for your service to our country. It is very much appreciated and we wish you a speedy and safe return. We traded in our tent trailer after a couple of nights of below freezing temps, coming to the realization that it was more tent than trailer! We loved the TM and thought it was the best of the hard walled popups. The most important factors in our purchase of the 2720SL was easy of towing (didn't want to get a new tow vehicle) and that it fit in the garage. If we had a bigger garage, we would have gotten a bigger TM. We don't travel with kids, dogs or anything else that takes up room, so I can't really address the floor plan issues. They all have pluses and minuses. Good luck with your decision.
Old 05-05-2009, 02:28 AM   #17
globemaster66

Default Storing TM in Garage

I guess I should have asked this earlier....will the 2720SL fit in an average two car garage? I would like to purchase something larger than the 2619, but don't want to give up the ability to store in garage. Thanks.

Dan
Old 05-05-2009, 04:34 AM   #18
PopBeavers

Quote:
Originally Posted by globemaster66 View Post
I guess I should have asked this earlier....will the 2720SL fit in an average two car garage? I would like to purchase something larger than the 2619, but don't want to give up the ability to store in garage. Thanks.

Dan
We bought the 2720 with swing tongue, because it is about the same length as the 2619, but has a bigger rear bed and more storage.

My garage is about 19 feet 6 inches long, and the TM 2720 with swing tongue fits in it. I have roof a/c and the factory lift kit.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:00 AM   #19
Leslie & Nick
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by globemaster66 View Post

Dan
Garage lengths can vary significantly. Best bet would be to measure your garage space and compare it to specs on Trailmanor web site. The swing away hitch will save about two feet. We have a 2619 with S/A hitch, and it easily fits in the two car 'drive under' garage.

Nick
Leslie & Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 06:52 AM   #20
ThePair
TrailManor Master

I'm in the process of getting my 2720SL to fit in a one car garage.

I'll be posting details once I'm through...
ThePair is offline   Reply With Quote