TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2002, 04:00 AM   #1
MawCraig

Default Campground reviews

Has there been any discussion about setting up a spot for posting our opinions about the campgrounds we visit?  Our Woodall's directory gives us lots of good information, but nothing beats hearing the "real story" from a fellow camper.
Old 03-28-2002, 04:08 AM   #2

Default Re: Campground reviews

I find both Woodall's, and Trailer Life Directory, to be a might misleading. At least, to me. But, then again, maybe I just can't figure out how to read them correctly. Anyway, I find first hand "been there, done that", or, "been there, done that, won't do it again", to be much more helpful.

Mack
Old 03-28-2002, 05:32 AM   #3
MawCraig

I agree.  Even a drive-through visit (without the camper) doesn't give a complete picture of what the actual camping experience will be.
Old 03-28-2002, 10:51 AM   #4

There is value in sharing factual information that isn't normally available.   Value judgements, at least for me, are as valuable my familiarity with the source.  

Certainly the people reading this site have some common ground in how camping is defined.  Campsite threads do come up and are discussed.  My guess, though, is there may be other sites more active in this kind of discussion.
Old 03-28-2002, 11:57 AM   #5

8) I just want to tell about a really nice campground at Myrtle Beach. It is the "Myrtle Beach Travel Park." Its located right on the ocean right in the middle of those great big hotels on the beach fronts.. It is really a nice place to go. You camp and walk about 5 min. into the ocean. The place is clean, is patroled by security, have daily trash pick up, bath houses, grocery store, laundry and a nice pool, and a lake. we went Sept.8th last year and it cost $30. per day and was worth every cent. We loved it and were going to stay for 2 weeks but left for home when the 9/11 tragety came about. We are going back again this year in Sept. also, and pray that all will be safe this time. Just wanted to put my opinion in on a nice campsite. bett

Old 04-01-2002, 02:46 PM   #6

I'd be interested in a section on camp sites.

Not just the RV park sort.  But short dry camp sites would also be interesting.   I suggest putting a request in the System Announcements section if there's enough interest.