TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Welcome Mat - Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2016, 09:39 AM   #1
JimLilly

Smile Hi Everyody

My wife and I just recently purchased a TrailManor 2720 SL and I'm so glad we found this forum. Our 2720 is a 2003 but is in excellent shape. My tow vehicle is a 2500 Chevy Silverado HD 6.0L V8 so when I'm towing the trailer I hardly even know it's back there. And that was the major selling point for me - I didn't want a huge 5th wheel or other big trailer that would stress me out while towing and kill my gas mileage. But I'm 6'3" so a lot of pop ups felt claustrophobic to me. My wife was looking for a trailer we could load with our basic stuff where we didn't have to haul a bunch of totes back and forth every camping trip and all of the drawers and cabinets in the 2720 fit the bill nicely.

Have done a couple of mods already, added wiring for outdoor speakers and added strip led lighting on the awning. Hoping to do the shower mod found here in the near future. And had some plumbing issues I had to fix and the instructions I found on this forum really helped.

I am a small business owner and a master electrician here in WV, so I hope I might be able to help out with electrical problems questions that may arise. But I have to tell you the electrical advice in the Electrical sub-forum has been spot on, good job guys. I'm also kind of techy nerdy so I can help out in that area too.

Sorry for being long winded. Thanks for all the great advice I've already run across here. Hope I can contribute in a positive way. Jim & Linda Lilly
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3416.JPG
Views:	295
Size:	3.91 MB
ID:	13660  
JimLilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 10:18 AM   #2
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

Welcome! FYI, the mods never stop. There is always something that can be done to make life in the TM more enjoyable!
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 10:51 AM   #3
[email protected]
BannedUsers

Thumbs up Welcome Jim & Linda Lilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimLilly View Post
My wife and I just recently purchased a TrailManor 2720 SL and I'm so glad we found this forum. Our 2720 is a 2003 but is in excellent shape. My tow vehicle is a 2500 Chevy Silverado HD 6.0L V8 so when I'm towing the trailer I hardly even know it's back there. And that was the major selling point for me - I didn't want a huge 5th wheel or other big trailer that would stress me out while towing and kill my gas mileage. But I'm 6'3" so a lot of pop ups felt claustrophobic to me. My wife was looking for a trailer we could load with our basic stuff where we didn't have to haul a bunch of totes back and forth every camping trip and all of the drawers and cabinets in the 2720 fit the bill nicely.

Have done a couple of mods already, added wiring for outdoor speakers and added strip led lighting on the awning. Hoping to do the shower mod found here in the near future. And had some plumbing issues I had to fix and the instructions I found on this forum really helped.

I am a small business owner and a master electrician here in WV, so I hope I might be able to help out with electrical problems questions that may arise. But I have to tell you the electrical advice in the Electrical sub-forum has been spot on, good job guys. I'm also kind of techy nerdy so I can help out in that area too.

Sorry for being long winded. Thanks for all the great advice I've already run across here. Hope I can contribute in a positive way. Jim & Linda Lilly
Yes.... The TM is a wonderful piece of gear but you can defy the rule of embellishing perfection with it. That's right...mods happen and will continue as long as ideas flow on the forum. I'm sure you'll come up with your own sometime and display them for all to see. If there is anything you don't understand about the Trailmanor feel free to ask the forum. You'll get many replies and hopefully one that you'll understand.

Anyway, my name is Tom...and I follow the forum a lot. We are lucky to have one of the best moderators on the planet...Bill, who is a wealth of information about the TM and it's systems. We also have a lot of "experts" out there...but sadly I'm not one of them. However....I have created my own website with all the modifications I have done.....here...let me PUSH this on you. It's a place with free ideas and where I sell NOTHING and have nothing to gain. So look it up if you like. The address is... http://www.trickmytrailmano.com this way I can feel good about myself and swell my ego (not really..just joking here)...

All I really wanted say was HOWDY and glad you're aboard!
Tom
lnt123@att.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 12:14 PM   #4
ChefLamont

Welcome!

From your camping pic there, that does look like a '03 in great shape! Enjoy it!
"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true." Robert Wilensky
ChefLamont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 03:34 PM   #5
fairweatherfisherman
Site Sponsor

Welcome. We are pretty new to the deal also. Still super excited!!
fairweatherfisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 07:25 PM   #6
RottieMom
TrailManor Master

Hi JimLilly and fairweatherfisherman. It's nice to see new folks on the forum.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2013 TM 2720SL
2011 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT 4x4 Hemi 5.7
RottieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 07:57 PM   #7
fpkites
Site Sponsor

Hello Jim!

We're new TM owners too, picked up our 2006 3023 just last month.

I'm wanting to do LED strip on the awning as well, and I have some left over from another project. From what I'm reading, it's 120 degree beam angle.

Which direction did you mount the strip? Vertical or horizontal (stuck to the awning or stuck to the shell)? I'd like good visibility down as well as out, but not so much down as to blind us when we're using a table outside or sitting out at night.
fpkites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 08:54 AM   #8
jasonv31

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Yes.... The TM is a wonderful piece of gear but you can defy the rule of embellishing perfection with it. That's right...mods happen and will continue as long as ideas flow on the forum. I'm sure you'll come up with your own sometime and display them for all to see. If there is anything you don't understand about the Trailmanor feel free to ask the forum. You'll get many replies and hopefully one that you'll understand.

Anyway, my name is Tom...and I follow the forum a lot. We are lucky to have one of the best moderators on the planet...Bill, who is a wealth of information about the TM and it's systems. We also have a lot of "experts" out there...but sadly I'm not one of them. However....I have created my own website with all the modifications I have done.....here...let me PUSH this on you. It's a place with free ideas and where I sell NOTHING and have nothing to gain. So look it up if you like. The address is... http://www.trickmytrailmano.com this way I can feel good about myself and swell my ego (not really..just joking here)...

All I really wanted say was HOWDY and glad you're aboard!
Tom
I know its a few years later... But I wanted to mention that your website is giving a 404. I was looking forward to looking it over... [emoji53]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Mods completed so far : New flooring; New Curtains; Removed Thetford for CAMCO portable; installed 110 volt refrigerator

Mods to be installed : 300 watt renogy solar system (MTTP controller), 3000 watt inverter, Automatic transfer switch, 2 - 6 volt Trojan FLA batteries; Scissor Jacks; LED lighting inside and out.
jasonv31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 09:16 AM   #9
Larryjb
Site Sponsor

This user appears to have been banned. I don't know the details, I'm not interested in the details. Given my experience on this site, there must have been a good reason.

However, I feel his site does have some useful information. It has a new address: www.trickmytrailmanor.com

2002 Tahoe
2008 4.6 Explorer
2001 2720SD

Various TM images that you may or may not find elsewhere:
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/forum/album.php?u=11700
Larryjb is offline   Reply With Quote