TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Interior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-09-2012, 09:46 PM   #1
Camper One

Default Anyone have any Modifications and Customization Suggestions???

As I just posted...I am new to the wide world of Trail Manor and I just bought a used 3124KB (I am actually sitting in it at a rest stop in New Mexico on the way home from picking it up).

I am a perpetual modifier and customizer and naturally I have my new project.

Sooo...I was wondering if folks could show off their customization ideas???

#1.....The first think I noticed about the fold down trailmanor is that it is completely goofy to have to pop up BOTH ends just to fill up the water tank. It was like a show at the truck stop with me trying to figure out how this thing lifts up just to connect the hose to fill the water tank.

My first modification was to install a water fill hose and overflow vent under the rig next to the winter drain lines so now I can pull up to the water hose bib and connect up the hose without having to lift up the tops.

Now...where to put the hose?

The rear bumper storage locker is kinda cute and it at first looks to be a good place to store the sewer drain hose however I have to lift the back top (also means lifting the front top) to get the width necessary to fit the cone shaped plastic drain attachment fitting out.

2...Next step is to install a really BIG tonge locker. Any suggestions???

3...The shower is way too small and the bathroom sink is useless (and cracked). I am considering removing the sink and counter and repositioning the toilet forward and then installing a larger square shower pan in place of the goofy bathtub. Under the bath tub inboard is the electrical box so I will need to reposition that somewhere (am considering moving it to the "closet" under the 'passenger" side of the trailer. (I'll keep you posted on IF and or HOW I do).

4...Master power switch. The OEM installed a switch under the bathroom aft wall so that the power to the rear top is shut off until the bathroom wall is lifted up into position. Has anyone from Trail Manor ever actually camped in one of their trailers??? Since the lights on the rear top are easier to get to than the lights on the front it would be great IF you can turn them on without having to open up the bathroom walls to get light.

5...The plastic "hinge slides" (for the bathroom walls and wardrobe) are really flimsy and fragile. Any suggestions on how to upgrade/fix these.

Anyhoo...I am not pinging on their product (well kinda) however these are my first impressions.
Old 11-10-2012, 03:04 PM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Camper One -

You have a lot of reading to do.

Some of these topics have been covered in depth, such as filling the water tank with the shells down, and mounting a storage box on the tongue.

Some have not been covered, because they would be really hard to do. Moving the toilet, and moving the electrical center come to mind.

Some have to do with safety - do NOT defeat the switch under the bathroom wall!

Enjoy your long explore through the forums (fora?)

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:29 PM   #3
moaboy

Camper One there is a lot of info on this forum that if you spend the time reading and pay the $12 to get full access for a year you'll easily get that back by saving time and not making mistakes.
If you join you'll be glad you did.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:25 PM   #4
Camper One

I have been reading all of the modification posts...very helpful and thanks to all who have contributed.

I was not made aware of a 12 contribution...how does that work???
Old 11-12-2012, 05:13 AM   #5
Keith Wire
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper One View Post
I was not made aware of a 12 contribution...how does that work???
Take a look here. It is the best $12 you will ever spend.

Keith
Keith Wire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:05 PM   #6
myersm

Camper One... how did you run your fill and overflow lines to fill your water tank. That's my next project !!

Thanks
2002 3023
2002 Chevy Avalanche
myersm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:28 PM   #7
Lesherp
Site Sponsor

Welcome to the forum. I have had to address a few of the things you are talking about doing. You can also take a look at my “pictures and albums “ for other modifications I have done.

I think the best way to address the fresh water problems with the TM is the Bridge. Take a look at post #25.
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...t=10458&page=3

For sewer hose the fence post solution works for me. Mine is like post #17
http://trailmanorowners.com/forum/sh...?t=9973&page=2

For the shower plastic on the walls and hand free soap dispenser for the shower head makes all the difference in the world.
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ead.php?t=3223
http://trailmanorowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7812

Dealer Options:swing tongue, sink cabinet, awning, air conditioning, tile

Modification: 15“ tires & monitor system, WDH, Prodigy B.C., 2-6 V. batteries & clipper monitor, LED's. Additional modifications can be seen in albums.
Pictures of campsites and places we visited can be seen at https://www.flickr.com/photos/101899116@N06/sets/.

Lesherp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:48 PM   #8
ThePair
TrailManor Master

The water transfer bridge works best in conjunction with a mod to fill with shells closed... By far the easiest way to do that is to put a female hose end on the high pressure side of the lines. Search on my name, there are pics of what I did. That and the bridg allows me to fill all of the water pipes, tanks, and heater in the TM with the shells closed, and refill whenever necessary with minimal fuss.

As said above, membership here is by far the most valuable investment one can make in their TM.
ThePair is offline   Reply With Quote