TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > General Maintenance and Cleaning
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-11-2007, 09:09 PM   #1
RsnthlBxtr

Default Water Intrusion

Whenever it rains, I end up with a puddle of water by the door (between the stove and bench seat) inside of my 2002 2619 TM. I have checked the door: it is secured properly, the weather stripping along the sides is intact and not wet, and the walls alongside the door are dry, as is the fan vent above the area. I even put a large barrel on top of a dry towel in the area last evening before the overnight rain. This morning, all was dry--including a bone-dry barrel, but the towel underneath was soaked. The walls, door and ceiling were all dry. This weekend I will conduct the old water hose test, but in the meantime, does anyone have an ideas as to the cause of my water problem? Thanks.
Old 06-11-2007, 09:45 PM   #2
dbnoll

I had a similar leak that turned out to be coming through the screw holes around the ceiling vent. It was not apparent because it would drip only during very heavy rain. I even had some water in the wooden book holder that is mounted on the door. Fortunately I was inside during one leakage and I observed it. If you loosen the screws during a heavy rain or a simulated test, you will observe the leak. All I had to do to repair mine, was recalk the vents. I did them both and have no problems since.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:07 AM   #3
Freedom

Somebody on this forum had a similar problem and figured out that the factory had not installed the water deflector above the door. I think they called the factory and got one for free. Look above the outside top of your door to see if you have the little strip of aluminum that sticks out an inch or so above the door opening.
Old 06-12-2007, 04:15 PM   #4
wbmiller3
Site Sponsor

I had a leak in this area and recaulking the water deflector above the door fixed it.
2018 F150 towing 2001 2619; lift kit & 15" wheels
wbmiller3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 08:20 PM   #5
RsnthlBxtr

Thank you for the advice. The deflector is still above the exterior door, but I suspect it needs to be recalked. I also need to check the screws.