TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-24-2005, 09:53 PM   #31
fcatwo
Site Sponsor

Bill: Sorry but I don't have info on the marine toilet. I went through that process a little over a year ago (maybe two) while we were down in the Texas Rio Grand Valley and the marine toilet was in a catalog our local RV repair/parts place had. I came within an inch of ordering one but we were nearing the end of our stay and I wasn't sure it would arrive before we left. It cost about $400.00 as I recall and after finding out I could fix the Thetford with a $0.25 fuse I couldn't justify looking into it again. It was a fairly heavy fiberglass structure by the way. I assume they didn't want to get sued by some 400lb guy who found it didn't hold up when he was being bounced around in rough seas :-). I'll sleep on it and see if I can remember more.

Ray: Our use of the TM toilet matches yours exactly and we don't have an odor problem either. We did use the toilet in our 5th wheel for more serious business but it had a large vented holding tank. We would do the same in the TM if equally equipped but we don't consider it a problem-- more an acceptable accomodation to gain the benefits of downsizing. I considered replacing it primarily because I thought I was about to spend $150.00- $200.00 to replace the pump in the E-Magic.
fcatwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 11:29 AM   #32
braymon2

I am a "prospective buyer" living in the Tampa Bay area of Florida. While I feel this particular thread is one of the best I've ever seen for giving out useful info on TM, I really have to agree with PopBeaver about scaring prospective buyers away.I've read the entire thread and I'm just not sure about buying a TM. Since I need to buy a new PU anyways,I'm thinking maybe I should consider a "regular" TT. All these problems with batteries, converters, electrical in general cause me concern.Yeah, I'd probably have similar problems with a TT as well.

Some of the things mentioned are in my mind really minor ( cabinets low etc.) Some of the other stuff does not seem so minor. From a prospective buyers viewpoint one of the most positive aspects to this thread is that I believe just about everyone said they really liked their TM.

My wife and I are experienced tent campers who just want off the ground.What drew me to TM was the easy setup and easy tow.If I do go with TM I'm thinking I should go with the 5000# axle. Sounds like a wise move.

If there is anyone on here from central FL who has purchased a TM from Cooper's RV I'd really be interested in your comments.

This is an excellent website that also has some very helpful ideas.You should not take my concerns as a put-down to TM but more form a real newbie w/o your experience.

Bill R.
Old 06-08-2005, 12:36 PM   #33
TexasThunder

I'm not experienced but as a recent newbie who went thru the decision making process, there were two high priority items on my list that the TM could deliver. Easy towing. Its low profile allows it to go down the freeway and not get blown around by big trucks passing by or high winds. If you only do local stuff then this may not be a concern. The other is I didn't want to store it offsite (I wanted to keep it handy for whatever), meaning the TM is invisible to my neighbors and the HOA won't be contacting me. Your situation may be different.
Its not perfect for sure, but the things it does well, it does very well.
Old 06-08-2005, 06:34 PM   #34
grill-n-go
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by braymon2
I am a "prospective buyer" living in the Tampa Bay area of Florida. While I feel this particular thread is one of the best I've ever seen for giving out useful info on TM, I really have to agree with PopBeaver about scaring prospective buyers away.I've read the entire thread and I'm just not sure about buying a TM. Since I need to buy a new PU anyways,I'm thinking maybe I should consider a "regular" TT. All these problems with batteries, converters, electrical in general cause me concern.Yeah, I'd probably have similar problems with a TT as well.

Some of the things mentioned are in my mind really minor ( cabinets low etc.) Some of the other stuff does not seem so minor. From a prospective buyers viewpoint one of the most positive aspects to this thread is that I believe just about everyone said they really liked their TM.

My wife and I are experienced tent campers who just want off the ground.What drew me to TM was the easy setup and easy tow.If I do go with TM I'm thinking I should go with the 5000# axle. Sounds like a wise move.

If there is anyone on here from central FL who has purchased a TM from Cooper's RV I'd really be interested in your comments.

This is an excellent website that also has some very helpful ideas.You should not take my concerns as a put-down to TM but more form a real newbie w/o your experience.

Bill R.
You are right all the electrical stuff is the same in a TM as in a TT.
We have a TM because we can keep it in our garage. Fringe benefit, easy towing.

We use our bathroom/toilet exclusively with an 8 Oz. bottle of the chemical never had a problem with odor or whatever.

Since getting our TM, We've discovered that we can get into some cool places that only allow small pop-ups .

Bottom line is that we got into a TM thinking we were settleing for something less than a TT because of our storage limitations. Now we would'nt buy into the towing problems of a TT even if storage was not an issue.

'03 2720SL
'07 Tundra 4X4
grill-n-go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 07:13 PM   #35
BOB_STRONG
Site Sponsor

Default Pros & Cons of TM

I don't care what brand RV you buy or how much it cost, you will have some problems with something. It's built on an assembly line by humans. Every RV has pros & cons to it. For us, the pros outway the cons for the TrailManor. I didn't have to buy a huge tow vehicle to pull our 3326King. I still get decent gas mileage with my Durango. Now a days this is very important with the price of gas going up all of the time.

Another great selling point for the TrailManor is the resale value. We are on our third TrailManor, and we received an excellent trade in price for our 2 TrailManors. From what I hear, they have one of the best resale values of RV's on the market.

The ease of set up is great. Towing you have one size unit, and when open, you have added another 6 feet of length.There is a little learning curve, but if you had a popup, then the TrailManor will be a breeze.

Sure, I would like to see a larger refrig . It would be nice to have a permanent screen door, but these are things you have to over look. Don't forget yhat the TrailManor comes with the same name brand appliances
as other RV's. They all can break or have defects.

Having owned TrailManors since 1992, I can say that we are very happy with the TrailManor. The best part is that the TrailManor company stands behind the product. You could not find a greater company to deal with. Anytime that I needed a part, Jimmy Davis and now Ed Lytle are there to serve you. For me this is very important instead of getting a run around when you call a company because you need something.

It's hard to find this kind of service. The people at TrailManor know how important it is to keep a customer happy.
Old 06-10-2005, 04:24 PM   #36
TandemKids

Default For Braymon2

We bought our TM 2619 new in Jan. 04 and tow it with a 97 Blazer that is equipped with a V6 engine and has 120k miles on it ( We did have a Transmission cooler installed). Our TM tows like a breeze, and although we have had a few minor problems it, we would buy another one in a New York minute. I would love to get my hands on the King size TM with the larger bed and separate dinette.

As far as buying a pop-up trailer, I would say this: We bought a new Forest River pop-up, kept it for three months, and then took a hosing and traded it off for our TM. While I don't recommend doing what we did unless you have a lot of discretionary money lying around, I am glad that we have the TM instead of the pop-up.

Happy Camping,

Michael
Old 06-24-2005, 09:18 PM   #37
fcatwo
Site Sponsor

Bill

You asked a couple of months ago about a marine toilet I had checked out that has an above floor 9-gallon holding tank and could serve as a replacement for the electric Thetford. I haven't found that one but I did Google up a SeaLand Marine Traveler 711-M28 that is very similar and about the same size. Our TM is closed so I can't check the floor dimensions in the bath but I'll bet the 711-M28 will fit. It will probably require fairly heavy modification but a determined person should accomplish that easily. It is priced from $360.00 to over $500.00 at the various online dealers.

Our Thetford is not causing problems but I suspect I'll look into one of these if it does.
fcatwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 07:09 AM   #38
Queeniereads

Quote:
Originally Posted by braymon2

Bill R.
I am just learning how to include the quotes, so excuse me for leaving the whole thing in. I just wante to reply to a few points. We had a TT before the TM. Besides the fact that we totlaled it, we loved it. But, our new TM is giving us 14 miles to the gal and the same floor space that we had with our TT. Even though it was a lightweight TT (Grand Surveyor), we only got 8 to 9 miles to the gallon. THe TM is easier to tow. It is easier to back into spots. It is easy to set up. THe only things we miss (we have the 3124KS) are a real dinette on a slide unit and the bigger refrigerator. We bought a plug in cooler to take care of the food overflow -- like sodas and cookies. We would recommend the TM. We are approaching 60 and it is very easy to handle. We forsee keeping this unit for quite awhile. Queeniereads aka Judi
Old 07-17-2005, 08:59 AM   #39
mav1124

Well I have been reading these threads on the Pros and Cons of a TM. Well having owned a 30' Airstream TT, sold it and still have a 36'Alpine Coach motor home. wife won't let me get rid of the "beast" all RV's all have problems. Try getting the AC unit repaired, toilet, anything. Ya, talk about expensive. The smaller units are soo nice and easy pull and work on. I live Orlando, Fla and humidity and rain are part of life. The condensation well it's part of life, I had it in my Airstream. Just bought a fan and let it run to move the air around. I am looking at the 2720SL or SD cause we travel and fish with our canoes and kayaks.. It's just two of us.
The unit we looked at in Orlando, my wife opened and closed the TM by herself and she is no wonder women. Sure a large frig would be nice, but come on, these are "travel trailers not apartments. If you want bigger buy a bus, now let me tell you those problems are bigger.

I found this site and thread to be extremely helpful. we like the layout of the 2720SL, the chair and couch make it homey. Easy to setup, Easy to tow.
Big draw backs:Not crazy about the bed position and toilet and water & gray tank capacity.

But I do favor the option for the heavier axle and the 15" tires.
Question ? : We had a full screened porch on the Airstream and the Alpine, can a full screened porch be added to the awning on the TM is so who makes one ?
The toilet seems to be a pain on the TM. Can or will TM install for a price a better vented/fanned unit ?
Old 07-17-2005, 10:53 AM   #40
Denny_A
Former TM Owner

Default Re: Screen Enclosure

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav1124
.........snp......
Question ? : We had a full screened porch on the Airstream and the Alpine, can a full screened porch be added to the awning on the TM is so who makes one ?
Fiamma (awning maker) have a rather expensive enclosure, which most folks aren't wlling to consider.

Another member pointed out that J.C. Whitney have a less expensive, but not CHEAP, Screen Enclosures at the following link:

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/P...5202+0/c-10107

HTH - Denny_A