TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Recommended Campgrounds and Places to Visit
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2016, 04:49 PM   #1
OCfamily

Default Drive from Orange County to Lake Tahoe then to Yosemite

Hi everyone,

We have family road trip planned for the end of july and was hoping to get some opinions on the best route to pull the TM with my 2013 Toyota Sienna. We have a two week trip from orange county to south lake tahoe for a week then yosemite for another, the route I'm looking at right now for my TV and TM -2619 is up US 359 then head west on US 50 lake tahoe, then from Lake tahoe to yosemite would be head east on US50, then south on 395, then west 120/Lee Vining into yosemite valley.

Reading online, it appears the route is preferred/described as easier to tow. Was hoping if anyone in the forum has any first hand experience with this route or recommend a suitable route for our TV and TM.

Thank you
OCfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 05:28 PM   #2
[email protected]
BannedUsers

Exclamation Lee Vining

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCfamily View Post
Hi everyone,

We have family road trip planned for the end of july and was hoping to get some opinions on the best route to pull the TM with my 2013 Toyota Sienna. We have a two week trip from orange county to south lake tahoe for a week then yosemite for another, the route I'm looking at right now for my TV and TM -2619 is up US 359 then head west on US 50 lake tahoe, then from Lake tahoe to yosemite would be head east on US50, then south on 395, then west 120/Lee Vining into yosemite valley.

Reading online, it appears the route is preferred/described as easier to tow. Was hoping if anyone in the forum has any first hand experience with this route or recommend a suitable route for our TV and TM.

Thank you
That's quite a climb from Lee Vining into the park. Do you have a reservation inside the park? If not look up this http://www.rvparking.com/ca/grovelan...family-lodging

We stayed there and it was nice.
Tom
lnt123@att.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 06:25 PM   #3
OCfamily

Yes, we have reservations at lower pines. Do you think Lee Vining is doable for the van and 2619 or is there a better route? Thanks and have a great Fourth
OCfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 07:38 PM   #4
tentcamper
TrailManor Master

If you have the tow prep package on the van. The 3.5L moter and its 270HP will do just fine.
tentcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 12:43 AM   #5
gonzo628
TrailManor Master

I've not pulled my 3124kb up any significant grades with my 06 Sienna, but I can tell you it would tow (all day long) on the flat lands (and do it eagerly). Mind you, my Sienna had 186k miles. Before people start to talk about safety... I had the same concerns.... Though my van "could" tow the TM, should it? To that, my answer was: probably not. This lead me to my new TV: Durango w/Hemi.... Can't wait to try it out.

-2006 3124 KB
-2016 Dodge Durango R/T
gonzo628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 12:29 PM   #6
BrucePerens
TrailManor Master

Default Whoa Nelie Deli

After you turn onto the grade into the park from Lee Vining, the Mobil station on the left includes a restaurant with national recognition, the Whoa Nellie Deli. 22 Vista Point Drive, Lee Vining. Find reviews on the web.

The grade will be a slow pull, use every turnout to be kind to others and cool your engine. But it beats the hours-long drive to that side of the park from any other entrance.

Walker Lake is a good boondock spot for the night, but less attractive in daytime. Do the grade in daytime.
BrucePerens is offline   Reply With Quote