TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-22-2016, 09:20 PM   #21
momto4girls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave E View Post
My smart wife tells me we get a big discount on our RV insurance from National General Insurance Corp. by being a member of Good Sam. The discount is much greater than the cost of the membership. NGIC offers full replacement cost insurance for your RV, not depreciated. They were great to work with when a blow-out at 62 mph damaged our Elkmont and after hail left the exterior surface looking like a golf ball. I have been very pleased with their service.

We always check prices at Google, Amazon and Walmart before buying from Camping World. If you can get a Good Sam membership discount by paying for several years at once, it makes it more economical.

My free advice always comes with a money back guarantee!
DaveE
Very interesting. I will have to look into this more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett View Post
Talked to the Good Sam people about insurance a few years ago but at that time had an accident listed (was rearended while in a stopped line of traffic, did not hit the car in front, OP was charged) and they did not want to talk to me. Have Progressive now.
We are in the same boat right now. We have Progressive, but we are paying more than we should because of an accident on my husband's record. I have no idea why it's listed as being his fault. There was no question it was the other driver's fault and our insurance didn't pay a dime. I think the sheriff wrote it up wrong or faulted both of them--I don't know. One of these days when we get a minute (), we will try to get it corrected. Then I may shop around.
Old 06-22-2016, 10:37 PM   #22
BradS7535

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto4girls View Post
We are in the same boat right now. We have Progressive, but we are paying more than we should because of an accident on my husband's record. I have no idea why it's listed as being his fault. There was no question it was the other driver's fault and our insurance didn't pay a dime. I think the sheriff wrote it up wrong or faulted both of them--I don't know. One of these days when we get a minute (), we will try to get it corrected. Then I may shop around.
We just got insurance from Progressive and the insurance agent said I had an at fault accident on my record. I informed him I was not at fault as the other driver hit me and my insurance didn't pay a dime. He said ok and he wouldn't include it, but that progressive may ask for proof or something. They never asked and I'm paying about $105/yr. Seems reasonable but don't have anything to compare to. He said I could contact the DMV and get it changed to not at fault. Haven't had the time yet and since it hasn't effected my auto insurance don't see the point. It should drop off my record in a year.