TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2004, 06:04 PM   #1
Brightsu
Site Sponsor

Default 3326 King

I found out today from a TM rep. at a show they have only produced average of 6 of these a year and they are special order. We own a 95 3326 King and thinking of going to a 3124KS, we are trying to come up with a fair price the dealership would love to have it, they've never had a used one and I've had several offers, after looking at the 2004 2619,2720,and the 3023, we think the 3124KS would suit us, its just the two of us and we like the living space, after finding out ours is worth more than we thought,we may even decide to keep it. Any thoughts? Does anyone know what the 3326 King sold for in 1995. It has all the options plus. We started out used and its been a great investment. The new 3326 King sales for about $32,000. There's not very many changes I could see that we would have to have. My husband will be retiring in about 6 years and we want something that will hold up as long as this one has. Do we sale now or wait?

Pam ???
Brightsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2004, 06:43 PM   #2
Chris_Bauer

Default Re:3326 King

I have a 1999 and figure I can keep it for quite a while. Have you considered refurbishing it, by that I mean a complete overhaul. New interior; carpet, upholstery, wall panels, mattress, new range and micro combo, maybe even a new effecient or quiet air. That's what I would do. Why replace something for something that is identical.
Old 02-21-2004, 08:33 PM   #3
JTorsrud

I agree with Chris!

Keep It. I suspect since these unit are so rare, you will always have a market for it.

Talk to Bob Strong, he's on his second 3326 and will have some good insight for you.

We just took delivery of our 2004 3326 in January and are absolutely aching to get it out on the road, once this silly white stuff melts!

Hope this helps.

Take Care.

Jeff
Old 02-21-2004, 08:47 PM   #4
Brightsu
Site Sponsor

Thanks guys, thats really something to think about.

Pam
Old 02-22-2004, 10:18 AM   #5
G-V_Driver
Site Sponsor

Pam,

For what it's worth, a few more thoughts regarding a potential swap.

We have a 3124KS that we bought used. Just two of us, and I'm supposed to get my first social security check soon!

We are pleased with the 3124 and I agree that it is a neat layout for two people. We have also concluded that for us, the folding table setup is the weak link in that model. Try eating on the one by your sofa a few times to see if you agree.

If you (and whats-his-name) can avoid kicking the little spindley fold-out sliding leg while you worm your way into the seat, you are much more agile than me and my size 14's. We have decided that we shouldn't set the table until the person on the couch is securely in place, otherwise the meal may end up on the floor.

We would really like to have the dinette, and if I had a good 3326 I wouldn't be thinking of trading it, assuming I had the right tow vehicle, adequate storage space, and all the things that might make the 3326 less attractive to a first-time buyer. I assume you have all that stuff, since you didn't mention any of those issues.

Some of the most-mentioned reasons for trading to a new whatever are:

1 Suitability or changed circumstances no longer warrant
ownership of the unit I have now

2 High maintenance and ownership costs that would improve with a new unit

3 Physical or functional defect or obsolescence with the one I have

4 Features and benefits on new ones significantly better

5 I just want a new unit, don't confuse me with reasons

My suggestion is to make a plus/minus list of all the factors that would influence a trade, then quantifiy each with the dollar value that you would attribute on a "what it's worth to us" basis.

Then obtain prices for all the neat stuff that you could retrofit to your unit. Microwave drop in, big converter (if necessary), all the bells and whistles that would come on a new unit.

Then do the math. My guess is that you will find the 80/20 rule will apply, in that you can get 80% or more of the stuff you want for less than 20% of the cost to trade. If you keep the 3326, you are going to continue to pull around a few more pounds and a couple of feet of trailer, and face a little more expense for tires and such, but the reduced cost of insurance on the older unit will probably offset most of that expense. Any additional operating expenses on the old unit will be more than offset by the cost of money to trade for the new one.

Assuming you decide to trade, you will have a new 3124KS until they fill out the paperwork and you take it home, at which point you will have a used 3124KS and the depreciation meter will start ticking. Figure $3-4 thousand for the privilege of pulling it home the first time.

With respect to retirement, six years isn't very long but a lot can change in that amount of time. I can tell you from experience that going from 59 to 65 isn't like going from 29 to 35. I wouldn't try to make any decision regarding a RV based on what I thought might happen in six years. A famous football coach one said "anytime you throw the football, three things can happen; two of them are bad." I think that same analogy can be applied to the aging process.

G-V_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2004, 12:43 PM   #6
Brightsu
Site Sponsor

You guys have given us alot to think about and I appreciate all the input, I have MS and I'm only 46 yrs old my company retired me 6 yrs ago and we try to camp every holiday, with my health in a stable condition right now.,we hope to enjoy life to the fullest. We really like our TM and my husband works so many hours every week I think the new versus the older one would leave more camping times and less working on time. The dealer is to call tomorrow with some figures. We may even go to a 2720SL, it just depends on price. We realize we have a very good model and trying to weigh out the pro's and con's is hard. I appreciate all the input and will let everyone know what we decide to do.

Pam