TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Trailmanor Elkmont Models
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2008, 07:56 AM   #21
Al-n-Sue

Happened to talk to my salesman at the Car Show - he thinks the base will be about $26k with a typical delivered model about $30k with options. That's about the price range of an outfitted 3124 or 3326 I think.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:23 AM   #22
ng2951

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopBeavers View Post
And the weight. And the increase height requirement to have a floor frame for the slide out that goes over the top of the main frame.
If you stick with the same materials and construction techniques it will still be lighter than other slideout models. It would likely be a lot more expensive because these materials are not cheap.

I guess one of the other questions would be that if you went with the recirculating toilet, does that give you additional fresh water capacity??
Old 10-08-2008, 04:12 PM   #23
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

A few years ago, TM took a flyer in another direction - the 2619 Sport. I don't think it survived the first year. This one looks to me to have a better chance - but it will have to compete with all the other lightweight uprights. The next few months should be interesting, as the market shrinks but the market for small lightweight trailers holds steady or expands. I think TM may know more about lightweights, and that may be the primary selling point - and point of success - of this new model.

The "towabilty" aspects are going to be interesting, since many of the arguments in favor of towing a conventional TM with a small vehicle have used low wind resistance as a justification.

But ... isn't that a handsome trailer? Especially the interior. I love it!

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 05:18 PM   #24
Tuscany Bandit

You are right on Bill.

We are going to a RV Show (the biggest in California) this weekend and hope that the trailer will be there on display. I will email Custom RV (local dealer) and see if that is true.

If the trailer will be on display I will take pictures and post them. If not we probably won't attend.

It sure looks nice!

Jerry
Old 10-08-2008, 05:22 PM   #25
Tuscany Bandit

Yes, the new upright will be at the show!
Old 10-08-2008, 07:22 PM   #26
BrigCA61

Found this at the bottom of two of their pages:

*The base manufacturer's suggested retail price* for the new upright is $23,810, and it comes nicely equipped for under $30,000.
To download a price and option sheet, click here.

*Manufacturer's suggested retail price does not include delivery, dealer preparation, taxes, or title costs. Prices, specifications, standard equipment and available options are subject to change without notice.

Click above where it says "click here"... which takes you to a specs/options page with pricing.
Old 10-08-2008, 07:38 PM   #27
ng2951

I agree that it will probably do better than the Sport.

It would be interesting to see the tow figures. The equipment had better be good or they will have trouble selling it against other lightweights.

Frankly they are using the better materials. The stuff they are using is amazing strong and light.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:24 PM   #28
Joe

We were at the factory last week and Bill Hulsey showed us one they were still building. In fact, I think it was the first one. They are using all the weight saving ideas from the fold down models. The steel chassis, which they build themselves, is the same as the 3124. The wall construction and the counter tops are the same. The bathtub is the same one they use in the fold downs but they have put hard plastic walls on 3 sides. They build their own cabinets and they were installing some them while we were there.
My biggest surprise is that we saw it on Wednesday and this Monday they had pictures of it on the web page. That is fast work. They are not abandoning the fold down line. This will fill the niche of people who want the TT convenience but want something light weight. They have done wind tunnel tests to get the best slope for the front surface.
By the Way; there is storage space under the bed.
One more thing: At the back of the passage between the refrigerator and the bathroom there is a built-in bench. Bill said the dimensions are just right for him to sit on and put on his socks.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:24 AM   #29
Scott O

Couldn't help but notice the 15" wheels...
Old 10-09-2008, 09:11 PM   #30
tgpmd1
TrailManor Master

Smile Does anyone know when it will be available?

I've been thinking about a Trailmanor for a while. Does anyone know when it may be available to order? Thanks!
tgpmd1 is offline   Reply With Quote