TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2017, 07:55 AM   #21
HoMiPa
TrailManor Master

As I said originally, mine is very similar, although not to the degree that I see daylight coming in between the back shell & front shell, as it appears in one of your photos.

I have no issue with leaks, now that I've sealed all the roof seams with Eternabond tape. However, I am aware that my rear shell is slightly concave, so I usually store it with the rear end lower than the front end. I also keep it tarped, have for several years, and have never had any issue with mold or mildew. I have zero doubt that mine is from snow load. After the initial damage, for two years I rigged up a framing system with 3" PVC as a frame (one for front shell, one for rear shell), laying on the roof, with 1" PVC arched over the top, after drilling holes in the 3" PVC to stick them into. Then tarped the whole thing. I didn't do that this past winter. Not only that, I am remodeling, so I've removed most everything from inside. Lesson learned, I should have left the mattresses in place. Without the arched roof under the tarp, there was snow load again this past winter, and the rear shell pressed down enough (with no mattress in place to stop it), that the vertical side counter to the left of the kitchen sink, the one that the forward bathroom wall butts up against, ended up punching through the interior rear ceiling, in the shower area. Cosmetic damage only, and I'll seal it up with Eternabond tape, but as a warning, with your roof in the same condition as mine, I wouldn't close the trailer up without having the mattress in place.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bathroom ceiling rip.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	15253   Click image for larger version

Name:	bathroop ceiling rip2.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	15254  
Old 05-15-2017, 08:12 AM   #22
rvcycleguy
TrailManor Master

That's unfortunate the seller didn't offer the known issues. I understand hindsight is forever, but the seller had to have known the trailer leaked and the roof compromised and had known roof issues. The picture he offered looking back towards the rear shell shows the face where the bag seal is is compromised and damaged. The exterior roof pictures show the center raised molding is missing all the way front to back. Looks like Eternabond tape running the length. Seller either did that or was there when he bought it. Whichever, disclosure was the best way to deal with a buyer. Sad....

TM-2002 3124KB
TV-2003 Toyota Tundra V8 4.7L. Fact. Tow Pkg, air bags
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50c Motorcycle- crashed- parted out
1956 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Motorcycle-sold
2006 Harley Road King
rvcycleguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 08:36 AM   #23
HoMiPa
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvcycleguy View Post
The exterior roof pictures show the center raised molding is missing all the way front to back. Looks like Eternabond tape running the length. Seller either did that or was there when he bought it. Whichever, disclosure was the best way to deal with a buyer. Sad....
I agree that's Eternabond tape (or a similar type), running the length - it sure isn't the original seal. Mine is not bowed in as much, so my bag seal still seals fairly well. However, if that rear seal is facing the prevailing wind in a serious storm, I have no doubt I'll have leakage - which is why I keep it tarped. This one though, the bag seal isn't even touching the rear shell in the center....

Disclosure is required in some states - not sure if this would fall in within the parameters of the state disclosure laws, but might be worth checking into....
Old 05-15-2017, 10:35 AM   #24
Pele2048

As I guessed, it sounds like a lot of weight was put on the rear shell. A couple extra-large guys, a snowload, or whatever. At this point, it doesn't really matter.

For an attempt at repair, I think I would
1. Open the front shell fully
2. Open the rear shell a couple inches
3. Climb inside over the hitch and propane area
4. Put a sturdy prop under the center of the rear shell, right at its front edge
5. Put some serious weight on the left and right edges of the rear shell, right at its front edge.
Perhaps it will bend back a bit toward the normal shape. Assuming it is an aluminum frame, this should be safe as long as you don't try to bend it too far. If it appears to be helping, proceed incrementally, but watch carefully to see if the aluminum skin is detaching from the frame.

Quote:
Are there any known solvents that are NOT compatible with the KrystalKote Polyester on the outside of the TrailManor? Are there any recommended solvents for cleaning?
As always, check the Trailmanor Technical Library for questions like this. In this case, start here
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ad.php?t=12588

Bill
Pele2048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 02:02 PM   #25
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Not meaning to add to your discomfort, but your post #11 is a great example of why I really dislike online picture hosting sites. What I see in #11 are HUGE pictures - too huge to be of any use. If these pictures were hosted right here on the forum, I could fix them for you. I do this quite often. But since they are hosted on a third party site, I can't touch them. In the future, please consider shrinking your photos before posting them, and also posting them right here on the forum. It is easy!

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 06:28 PM   #26
Pele2048

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Not meaning to add to your discomfort, but your post #11 is a great example of why I really dislike online picture hosting sites. What I see in #11 are HUGE pictures - too huge to be of any use. If these pictures were hosted right here on the forum, I could fix them for you. I do this quite often. But since they are hosted on a third party site, I can't touch them. In the future, please consider shrinking your photos before posting them, and also posting them right here on the forum. It is easy!

Bill
It appears that I can edit my posts after the fact. I will resize them to 1024x768 tomorrow when I'm as my desktop.

They are hosted on "imgur.com" it's a free no-nonsense pic hosting site with even less bloat than Photobucket.

I thought they were oversized due to me having various scripts blocked. Since this isn't on my normal repertoire of websites visited, I haven't quite gotten all the stuff added to the whitelist on my script/ad blocker.

Some forums auto-resize.
Old 05-15-2017, 06:34 PM   #27
Pele2048

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pele2048 View Post
As I guessed, it sounds like a lot of weight was put on the rear shell. A couple extra-large guys, a snowload, or whatever. At this point, it doesn't really matter.

For an attempt at repair, I think I would
1. Open the front shell fully
2. Open the rear shell a couple inches
3. Climb inside over the hitch and propane area
4. Put a sturdy prop under the center of the rear shell, right at its front edge
5. Put some serious weight on the left and right edges of the rear shell, right at its front edge.
Perhaps it will bend back a bit toward the normal shape. Assuming it is an aluminum frame, this should be safe as long as you don't try to bend it too far. If it appears to be helping, proceed incrementally, but watch carefully to see if the aluminum skin is detaching from the frame.

As always, check the Trailmanor Technical Library for questions like this. In this case, start here
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ad.php?t=12588

Bill
Wait, what?
I didn't write that.
Old 05-15-2017, 08:27 PM   #28
Bill
Site Team

No, I wrote that. I'm not sure why it is showing up under your name. I'll see if I can figure it out, but it doesn't look like anything malicious.

Bill
Old 05-16-2017, 07:20 AM   #29
Pele2048

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
No, I wrote that. I'm not sure why it is showing up under your name. I'll see if I can figure it out, but it doesn't look like anything malicious.

Bill
Not at all. Just noticed that you're a moderator. The Edit and Quote buttons are right next to each other. I've made that mistake before; I'm a mod on another forum.

I just didn't see the "Last Edited by..." field at the bottom and it confused me.
Old 05-16-2017, 11:46 AM   #30
Bill
Site Team

Oops! Sounds like you've got it. My apologies, and thanks for your patience.

Bill