TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-27-2006, 12:32 PM   #1
CA_flyfisher

Default Dometic fridge

Has anyone had any experience with their Dometic fridge in 100+ degree heat? We were in AZ and it seemed to be working fine at around 100 degrees on electric. I did leave the fan on because I figured it would not stay cool enough without it. On our way home I switched it to 12V and we came in to Needles CA where it was 115 degrees. We parked the trailer and got a room because unfortunately our AC had broken on the trip. I switched the fridge to propane and made sure the pilot was lit, the fan was on, and the fridge was at max. When we left in the morning, I switched the fridge back to 12V and we headed home. When we got there the fridge was warm like it hadn't even been running for 24 hours and everything in there was bad. Maybe the 12V or propane not working properly? Or can you just forget about it in that kind of heat? Any ideas on testing? Would another fan in addition to the one provided help? I am new to this and any info would be appreciated.
Thanks.