TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-01-2014, 08:35 AM   #1
pcontatore

Default Service providers

I live in Austin Tx and I am looking for a service provider that knows how to work on a TM. Just looking for some place that can do a good tune up make sure everything is working well for summer camping. Yes I live in Texas and it is time to start thinking about summer camping.

Thanks for the response... guess I will do the bars and get everything else done here somewhere... not sure who has the best rep but I will look around.

Thanks and happy camping.
Old 02-01-2014, 09:09 AM   #2
Redtail Cruiser
TrailManor Master

Western Campers, Fort Worth is the nearest authorized dealership to you.

"A man creates his own legacy. Create a legendary life"
Redtail Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 10:27 AM   #3
rvcycleguy
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcontatore View Post
I live in Austin Tx and I am looking for a service provider that knows how to work on a TM. Just looking for some place that can do a good tune up make sure everything is working well for summer camping. Yes I live in Texas and it is time to start thinking about summer camping.
I would think almost any competent RV service dealer can do what you may be looking for in terms of a tune up. Unless, your wanting the torsion bars adjusted. Most services would not be familiar with that aspect but with some research, it can be done by the TM owner which leads me to think a decent technician could figure it out as well. A little trial and error is necessary to determine the amout of lifting effort you want specifically to your needs.

All the major components are the same as a conventional RV To include Sanitation, heater, water, AC, refrigerator, wheels, bearings, lights, electrical aspects, etc.

TM-2002 3124KB
TV-2003 Toyota Tundra V8 4.7L. Fact. Tow Pkg, air bags
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50c Motorcycle- crashed- parted out
1956 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Motorcycle-sold
2006 Harley Road King
rvcycleguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 01:45 PM   #4
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
I would think almost any competent RV service dealer can do what you may be looking for in terms of a tune up... All the major components are the same as a conventional RV, to include Sanitation, heater, water, AC, refrigerator, wheels, bearings, lights, electrical aspects, etc.
RVCycleGuy is exactly right here. You don't need a TM dealer for any of this, which is most of what a TM consists of.

Quote:
Unless, your wanting the torsion bars adjusted. Most services would not be familiar with that aspect but with some research, it can be done by the TM owner which leads me to think a decent technician could figure it out as well.
I'm not sure I agree here. Adjusting the torsion bars is a balancing act among many different individual adjustments, which affect a number of different results - some of them not easily spotted. I agree that some TM owners can do it, and perhaps a decent technician could do it, but if he has never seen it before, and isn't familiar with the procedure, he could either muck it up entirely, or consume MUCH more time figuring it out than you want to pay for. And if you get a technician who is NOT decent (I know, what are the chances?) you could end up with a TM that is basically non-operable.

When TM gives instructions to owners about how to do it, they stress two things. First, mark the exact initial position of every adjustment, so you can return to it if you need to. Second, make all adjustment in very small increments. Since there are at least 8 adjustment points, this can get out of hand in a hurry. And if you need to adjust the lift arm length at the same time, it can be a horror show.

Having said that, there are threads here on the Forum from owners who have successfully done it. A search on "torsion adjust" should pull them up.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 04:54 AM   #5
scrubjaysnest
TrailManor Master

Western Campers in Ft Worth is new to TM's; don't know what their experience is. They replaced TexasRV in Clebourne as the authorized dealer.

mods: 2- 100 watt solar panels, on roof, 300 watts portable

“They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Benjamin Franklin
scrubjaysnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 01:20 PM   #6
newtome3326k
Site Sponsor

Default Service Provider in Texas

I have a 2006 3326K and have had work done By Cleburne RV. Ask for George. 817-641-5701.He was originally with Texas RV. Hope this helps. Cynthia
WDH, Brake Controler, 2 Pioneer cameras
newtome3326k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 05:07 AM   #7
moneeleann

If anyone gets anything done by western campers, I'd love some feedback. I'm in Oklahoma and need some work on my torsion bars. I'm debating trying to make the drive to Colorado springs, or to put my faith in western campers. If it were just me, I'd go to Colorado springs, but I have to have three small children with me...