TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Recommended Campgrounds and Places to Visit
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2007, 04:30 PM   #1
knuckledragon

Thumbs up Epic spring trip...

We just got back from dragging the TM from Colorado to the Pacific Ocean and back...I just wanted to give feedback about some of the places we stayed...
if you want to see some pix you can check out www.mytrailmanor.com

and click on the Right Turn Only link... or just go here http://www.jeffverseman.com/Californ...urn%20only.htm

anyway, here's my report:

Country Air RV Park, Cedar City, Utah - since we're normally tent campers and new to the whole RV Park camping, this place wasn't bad, very clean, quiet and tidy...not great for scenery though…it's just a couple of miles off of I-15 and is a good place to unhook the TM and go exploring the National Parks that are in the area...I think it cost us $34/night for full hookups...I'd recommend it...

Echo Bay, Lake Mead, NV - the lower campground, this place was great, maybe b/c we were the only ones there…they've got sprinklers set up so there are plum aria bushes and palm trees throughout the campground, I don’t know but being from Colorado, I thought that was pretty cool…you could also see the lake from our spot…I’d highly recommend this campground and I think it was about $15/night for a spot w/o hookups…

Huntington by the Sea RV Park, Huntington Beach, CA – again this place was okay, clean, reasonably quiet, and tidy…they had nice facilities including a heated pool w/ a jacuzzi but the Pacific Coast Highway was between us and the ocean…oh yeah, be warned, there is a huge power plant or something near by, it’s not noisy but it distracts from the scenery…we paid $50/night for full hookups…I’d do this place as a last resort…

Bolsa Chica State Beach, Huntington Beach, CA – THIS PLACE WAS AWESOME…make sure you get an odd numbered site b/c they back up to the beach/ocean…well there was a bicycle path between us and the beach, but this place is the reason to own a RV…we had a campfire on the beach and it’s really close to the dog beach!!! (again, we don’t get to do much of that in Colorado)… it might have been the fact that we were there mid week but the beaches were practically empty and there weren’t nearly as many people on the bike path as I thought there w/b…the place is pretty weird about how they take reservations, so I’d call ahead…it was $44/night for a spot w/ electric & water…put this place on your list!!!

Kaibab Lake Campground, Williams, AZ – this place was okay, it was more like a tent camping type of atmosphere, which I prefer…again this place was only a few miles off of I-40 so it’s pretty convenient to drop off the TM then take your tow vehicle into Grand Canyon National Park which is only about 50 or so miles away…it was $15/night w/o any hookups but I’d recommend it…

I hope this helps anybody planning a similar trip, I know reading these type of posts helped me plan our trip…
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	campsite @ lake mead.jpg
Views:	399
Size:	134.6 KB
ID:	1845   Click image for larger version

Name:	chimichanga @ the beach.jpg
Views:	369
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	1846  
Old 05-02-2007, 04:48 PM   #2
MarknMaqhi

What's that white stuff in some of your pics? <<Shivers>>

Looks and sounded like an exciting trip! Very happy you enjoyed... Looking forward to our first long distance outing along the east coast. Someday... sigh.

Nice post!
Old 05-02-2007, 05:01 PM   #3
knuckledragon

Default the ocean is nice...

but I still prefer the snow and mountains...
Old 05-02-2007, 05:02 PM   #4
Leslie & Nick
TrailManor Master

Default Epic Spring Trip

Enjoyed following your trip! We've never done a really long trip like that, but hope to one day. Did your dog try to "drink" the ocean? We took our dogs to a dog park and beach in Sarasota one time. They loved the surf alright, but we couldn't convince them not to drink the water - they should have listened

Great report and pix!

Nick
Leslie & Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 07:01 PM   #5
SSRLVA

wow looks like it was a GREAT trip! good pics too. Oh and how far away were you when you took that shot of the TM as a tiny spec?
Old 05-02-2007, 08:56 PM   #6
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

Love the story and the pics!!!
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 06:48 AM   #7
Catawbalea

Great trip! Love that picture of the paw prints in the sand. I have no intention to get that close to the edge of the Grand Canyon. Well...I'll try, but my human won't let me, I bet.

Brandy
Old 05-04-2007, 02:06 PM   #8
Leslie & Nick
TrailManor Master

Default Brandy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catawbalea View Post
Well...I'll try, but my human won't let me, I bet.
Brandy

Is that "Brandy" in the Avatar? If so, is she a Cocker Spaniel?
Leslie & Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 02:23 PM   #9
Catawbalea

I am cocker-springer. My mom was a pure black beautiful (she was my mom) cocker spaniel. My dad was the handsome springer spaniel next door.

Thanks for asking,
Brandy
(Yep, that's my baby picture)
Old 05-08-2007, 09:21 AM   #10
coulter

Quote:
We just got back from dragging the TM from Colorado to the Pacific Ocean and back...I just wanted to give feedback about some of the places we stayed...
if you want to see some pix you can check out
I went and looked, it looked like a fun trip.. but you made me homesick, I think I'll go cry.