TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Electrical
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-04-2008, 12:12 AM   #1
tedbutler

Default Converter/Battery lessons learned

I recently bought a new trailmanor and on the first trip there were no problems. On the second weekend out all the lights went out early the second day. The air, tv, refrigerator, and microwave worked, just no lights. The lights gradually dimmed so I was operating only on the battery. I suspected that something was wrong with the converter. I called trailmanor and they told me to disconnect the battery, plug the trailer up and put a 30A fuse in a particular slot. When I opened the panel cover there are many extra slots for fuses. I luckely have a nephew that is a master electrician and he lives in my neighborhood. He gave me somewhat of an education on the trailmanor electrical system. He also saved me a trip to a dealer to have it repaired. The trailmanors lights work on dc all the time. Under the seat and behind the converter is a booster/charger that controls the dc power. The booster has an adapter that plugs in to the converter. My nephew told me that whenever you are pluged in at a site the booster is charging the battery and operating the lights. In my case the only thing wrong was the adapter for the booster. I also had an adapter just like the one in the trailmanor so I was not out any money. If anyone has converter problems you might check this first. My nephew stated that the adapter can easily go bad.
Old 06-05-2008, 10:54 AM   #2
rangarr1

Thank you for the information. Always good to know.