TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > General Maintenance and Cleaning
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-09-2003, 11:36 PM   #1

Default Frozen seals

When getting ready for a trip to Fla. I opened my TM and couldn't get the lower door side to latch or the rh front arm to latch. The seals had water or moisture in then and froze so they wouldn't compress. It's 1 yr. old  and I'm worried that the moisture will cause problems later. Has anyone seen this or have any comments about it?
Old 03-10-2003, 12:29 AM   #2
Civil_War_Buff
Site Sponsor

Default Re: Frozen seals

I noticed that when I had washed the TM a few weeks ago, that one of the seals was full of water as well. I have a concern about the water, but now that you mention the freezing issue, that makes me wonder even more....If you speak to the dealer and/or factory about this, let us know what you find out.

Larry
Civil_War_Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 11:50 AM   #3
BOB_STRONG
Site Sponsor

I too had water in the seal on the front right curb side. After washing the unit, I always wipe it down. It seems that it is always the right side seal that has a lot of water in that I squeeze out. The rest of them seem to be ok. I never use it in freezing weather so I never had the problem about not closing. I'm sure the factory (Jimmy or Donny) could give a good answer about your concerns. Let us know if you find out anything!!! ???

Bob Strong
BOB_STRONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2003, 11:23 AM   #4
Happytrails

Well, I'm sure my seals have filled several times with water and frozen, I don't think it hurts em one bit. As to how to close it with the seals frozen tho, I couldn't even tell ya where to start with that. One concern to consider tho is what the seals are connected to. In my case, they're connected to a piece of wood, which has had quite a bit of rot from that very thing, in the newer ones tho, I think they use a plastic composite. But the seals themselves are ok, and it's only in the front shell where I have the problem with the wood. Might get a little mildew, but it comes off with some "Purple Power", or the orange stuff, but overall, don't think it hurts em one bit, just plain ol' foam covered in vinal, similar to boat seats etc that are subjected to the same thing all the time. Anyway, that's my two cents worth.....lol

[glow=red,2,300]Happytrails........[/glow]