TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2008, 09:48 PM   #1
ng2951

Default Prospective Owner No More.

Bit the bullet and we are owners of a 2006 3326 thanks to the Boudreauxs of Baton Rouge.

My my wife and I were very glad to help them out by buying their old rig for a really great price. Walter and Betty were extremely helpful in getting the title transferred and even brought the trailer to our house, which we greatly appreciated (I have never backed up a trailer before...hello Walmart for practice).

My wife is very happy with the trailer and we plan to take it this weekend to our monthly cowboy shoot with the Bayou Bounty Hunters.

Thanks to everyone here who were so helpful in helping us reach this decision and my mother-in-law who wanted to help out even though we never asked her.

PS--We would have probably bought a Hi-Lo if it wasn't for this group...
Old 03-04-2008, 09:55 PM   #2
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

Congrats on your "new" TM! I'm sure that you'll have a great time camping in it. Keep us posted on your trips!

Dee
Old 03-26-2008, 10:18 AM   #3
Bill & Lisa

congrats! How did the weekend turn out?
Old 03-26-2008, 11:52 AM   #4
ng2951

Well, I ran into lots of problems getting the Prodigy controller mounted and caused us to miss shooting that morning, but not from camping out.

Like other TM owners had warned us, we had lots of visitors. One engineer who was quite familar with TMs said it wasn't like any of the the other TMs he had seen.

We stayed all weekend at the range, the only problem we had was getting the oven to fire up. Try as we might we couldn't get it to light. After I talked to the Boudreauxs I had no problem getting the oven to start.

Since then we have camped twice in the driveway. One daughter wants us to send pictures since she needs "documentation." It works great and we have only had small problems.

I have tested the trailer with the Yamaha 2400. No problems there. You can run everything but the a/c, microwave, and electric HW tank together. One at a time with those is not a problem with the 2400.

Everything is go for the next two shoots. The next long trek will be either to Founders Ranch in NM for End of the Trail or Mule Camp near Atlanta, GA.

We are also waiting for delivery of a device called ScanGauge. It tracks 4 user selected items from the TV computer. It allows to monitor instanteous MPG as well as trip. Other things that can be tracked is engine load and transmission temperature.
Old 03-26-2008, 01:27 PM   #5
Bill & Lisa

Great news. Glad you are enjoying your unit.
Old 03-26-2008, 04:10 PM   #6
ragmopp

That Scangauge you have ordered should prove very useful. On the Tacoma forum I go too a number of folks have installed it and have really liked it. I had thought about it for my truck, but with a GPS, Prodigy, radar detector, there just isn't room for another 'gadget'. Good luck with it and let us know how it works...

Mike Anderson
Old 03-26-2008, 09:02 PM   #7
ng2951

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragmopp View Post
That Scangauge you have ordered should prove very useful. On the Tacoma forum I go too a number of folks have installed it and have really liked it. I had thought about it for my truck, but with a GPS, Prodigy, radar detector, there just isn't room for another 'gadget'. Good luck with it and let us know how it works...

Mike Anderson
Would you ask the Tacoma people if they know how to call up the transmission cooler temp?

Thanks
Old 03-27-2008, 08:54 AM   #8
ragmopp

Ng2951,

I posted a question on the Tacoma forum and will let you know what comes back regarding your Scangauge. By the way, in case you want to follow that fourm it is ToyotaNation at this address:
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=61

Their is a tremendous amount of info for the 2005+ Tacoma, BUT just a warning though, these are (mostly) pretty young guys and, how should I put this, can get overzealous in their responses....

Mike
Old 03-27-2008, 09:17 AM   #9
ragmopp

Didn't take long and I got a response which I quote:

they are working on it
not available yet sorry !

If I hear anything else will let you know...

Mike
Old 03-27-2008, 03:23 PM   #10
ragmopp

And another reply to the Scangauge question:

Let your contact know though that when they do get it working he needs to have a Scangauge II with the XGauge feature. The origional Scangauge does not have the functions. Instructions for manually programming for HP and Tranny Temp can be found on their web site once it's working.

Mike