TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-01-2006, 03:07 PM   #1
kwfoye

Question Where to carry a generator?

Hi everyone!

My family just purchased a 2007 3023. We are looking forward to lots of family fun. We live in the San Diego area, and some of our camping will be in our nearby deserts with no hook-ups. We will need to run the a/c every once in a while and know a generator (or generators) is (are) in our future. Leaning toward two Honda eu2000i generators and connecting them. I know I've seen threads (I've been lurking on the forum since July) about generators, but haven't seen posts on mounting them on the tongue. Has anyone done this? The men (all very mechanically capable) in the family are formulating plans , but would be comforting for me (the less mechanical and often voice of reason) to hear from someone with experience.

Since it always seems to be important, I'll go ahead and tell you we will be towing with a 2001 Dodge Durango with factory tow package, Prodigy break controller and a wdh (probably an Equal-i-zer).

Any thoughts or thread suggestions?

The Foye/Clarke Family in San Diego County