TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Exterior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-09-2018, 07:05 AM   #1
RZRon1

Question Pocket Stops

I just typed out a lengthy request for help but lost it all. When I tried to submit, was advised I had to go back and refresh. Checking to see if accomplished prior to addressing the issue in detail again.

Well, it posted but can't see how to send another separate post. Seeing if this shows up.

Maybe this works. Not going with a lengthy tell all post this time. Just the facts. I recently purchased 1993, 3124 that my wife and I are trying to bring back to life. Pocket stops apparently non-existing fore both shells overshoot by several inches. I have read many post/threads on the subject but still can't visualize where the stop should be within the pocket, nor how to fix, replace or adjust.

Please help with advise, pictures or drawings. As you can see, I'm ignorant regarding both the Trailmanor and posting here. FYI, the rear shell has separated totally from the front and it is most difficult to get back in. Desperate to avoid that at a campsite. Thanks, Ron
RZRon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 07:30 AM   #2
Larryjb
Site Sponsor

If I have a long post, I'll highlight my typing and press ^c to copy the text in case it times out. That usually saves me.

A member by the name of Maria rebuilt their 1986 TM. This may help.
Maria's link:
http://trailmanorrepair.blogspot.com...&max-results=1

2002 Tahoe
2008 4.6 Explorer
2001 2720SD

Various TM images that you may or may not find elsewhere:
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/forum/album.php?u=11700
Larryjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 11:34 AM   #3
RZRon1

Default Pocket Stops

Thanks for the prompt reply Larry. I have been to Maria's posts and got a lot of helpful info. With your link, I returned and found her pics on pocket stops, which I had not previously seen. I'm not on firm ground with this but will take a closer look when rain stops. May have to be content with careful opening for awhile. Wish I could but I do not have the ability or tools to do a complete over hall like she did. Pretty scary to think a wall could fall down with towing. Did not know the older models had wooden framing and probably would not have purchased it if I had. Ron
Old 08-09-2018, 11:37 AM   #4
RZRon1

Looks like I posted a reply in the wrong place. Don't know if it went anywhere or not. Basically just thanked you for the prompt reply. I used the link and have been reading Maria's info on pocket stops. Maybe that will help. Thanks again. Ron