TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-24-2002, 12:06 PM   #1
2swans

Default canoe qwstion...

we have one more question. have any of you ever carried a canoe on top of your TM? if so, was it with the foam blocks, or some other way? we have a very light(41#) kevlar canoe, 17 ft. long. thanks, 2swans.
Old 04-03-2002, 10:13 AM   #2

Default Re: canoe qwstion...

ChecK the thread on carrying a boat back about 5 posts. I would put the canoe on the SUV or tow vehicle.
Doug
Old 04-03-2002, 10:22 AM   #3
2swans

thanks, doug--we did read that thread. just tho't canoes might be different. but we now  agree it needs to go on the suv, after rereading those threads. appreciate your response. 2swans
Old 07-10-2002, 01:52 AM   #4
Larry_Loo

I just received this link to folding kayaks and canoes. Since some of our forum's contributors are water sports enthusiasts, I thought that I would pass it along.

http://www.paddling.net/buyersguide/foldingBoats.html

2swans, you might consider selling your kayak canoe and buying one of these folding canoes. The 18 footer weighs 49 lb., only 6 lb. heavier than your present one (since they cost only around $40 per lb., one might have to consider the purchase for a few minutes?).  : :
Old 07-10-2002, 02:17 AM   #5
2swans

larry, i appreciate the information. interesting site. the prices are comparable to our 17 foot kevlar canoe.the 17 foot folding canoe weighed 56 lbs, i believe, about 15 lbs heavier than our kevlar. i'm afraid we are canoe "purists" and want to stick with our non-folding canoe. especially since we need its strength to do tripping and carry tons of gear. but it might be an option for when if ever we give up heavy- duty canoeing. it's nice to have the site-thanks again.thanks. 2swans.