TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2007, 05:24 PM   #1
13dano

Thumbs down Unhappy Camper

I have a 2006 2720SL that both my wife and I love. We purchased it slightly used and have used it about six times without any problems. It's always stored in the garage with a half-inch to spare on both ends - so close in fact that I actually have to take off the swing-around hitch to buy an extra quarter inch to get the garage door to close!
Anyway, after taking it out of the garage this weekend and setting it up to install an electric tongue jack, I noticed a problem on the upper half of the wall between the refrig and couch. At the point where the velcro is installed in one spot on the wall, the wall covering has actually started to separate from the wall! We've always been careful when separating the velco, but now there is an oval air-pocket bubble about one foot long and six inches wide behind the velcro mounting point.
I'm irritated that the wall covering has separated from the wall. My guess is that the extreme heat of a Florida garage coupled with the force to support the side fabric on the velco mounting points gradually loosened it to the point of full separation.
Any ideas on how to fix this? Does anyone know what the wall looks like behind this covering?
Thanks!
Dan
Old 07-23-2007, 07:20 AM   #2
Allen1124

I'm not sure what replies you will get on this site, but yo could certainly contact Ed in TrailManor service. He is very helpful and would point you in the right direction if he wasn't sure.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:04 AM   #3
BobRederick

Dan
I replaced most of my wall velcro with a new product from TrailManor. Call Ed or just order it. They are velcro washers about 3/4 inch diameter that attach to the wall with a screw in the center. So far, they work fine. I had velcro peeling off the wall where it is on the slick surfaces. It was ok on the wallpaper surfaces.
Old 07-23-2007, 04:12 PM   #4
13dano

Thanks for all of your advice. I will make some calls and see what happens and let everyone know. I like the idea of the velcro washers. It sounds like Ed at TM is a one-man gang judging from his frequent mention on this forum!
Old 07-23-2007, 04:59 PM   #5
Virginia Deacon
TrailManor Master

We had a similar problem this past Spring, when it rained so hard we had moisture on the walls! Had two sets of bubbles where the "wallpaper" separated from the wall (next to the sink cabinet and window). I figured we'd need to take it to TrailManor and have them replace the wall covering. Suddenly, after a month or so of warm, dry weather, the bubbles disappeared! I didn't have to do anything but wait.

I told Ed (at TrailManor) about this situation, and he hadn't heard of it happening before.

Happy Camping!
Virginia Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 10:43 AM   #6
Bob&Karen

Dan,

Ours did that too - however, as it was still under warranty and there were other issues that needed attention (refrigerator, roof leak) we took it back to the dealer for the warranty work. The dealer sent it back to the factory and all the work was completed. I'm still not sure what caused the problem because the roof leak was on the opposite wall. Our new one has the velcro disks as mentioned above.

Regards,

Bob
Old 07-26-2007, 08:12 AM   #7
13dano

I exchanged voice-mails and emails with Ed from TM. He is going to send me the vecro washers, but didn't have advice for the wallpaper other than trying to smooth it back on by putting adhesive behind it. Evidently it is a rare problem, but I am not alone.
Thanks to all!
Old 10-02-2017, 11:16 AM   #8
Trainkarr
Site Sponsor

Default What is behind the wallpaper?

The vinyl wallpaper is glued to a thin luan plywood, only about 1/8" thick. I need to know what is behind that. Has anyone removed the plywood- does it look like the rest of the walls behind there? I know there will be a small issue with the window frames, but I would still like to remove it.
Trainkarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 12:38 PM   #9
BrucePerens
TrailManor Master

Do not remove the plywood. There is only foam behind it, and you'll ruin the panel and do major damage to the Trailmanor, compromising the structure of the upper shell and maybe even destroying it. The plywood, foam, and aluminum are a laminated sandwich which makes up the wall panel.

Some garage ventilation might be helpful. I live in a cooler and drier part of the country and have an electric fan going through my roof which goes on automatically when it reaches a set temperature. No doubt you know more about such things in Florida.

It's difficult to keep RVs in pristine shape, especially where you live, and some degree of acceptance is necessary. An 11-year-old Trailmanor will bear some scars.
Old 02-01-2021, 05:34 AM   #10
Lfamof6

I just wanted to add to this thread, that we did remove the luan plywood because of bubbling, and there is just the regular wall behind it, not the foam as was indicated by an above poster.

We removed it as we were worried there was water damage since it was warped, but it turned out there wasn't any. It was difficult to pull out though, and it was connected behind where the back slide covers up the front slide with construction adhesive, along with many staples, caulk, and a couple of trim pieces---which is why I am searching on this forum for advice on how people dealt with that when they pulled it off. I was able to get it pulled all off, but I'm trying to figure out how to get a trim piece that was glued/stapled behind that connection reglued/stapled. My husband thinks we will be able to access it if we just put down the back first, but I was coming on here to try to see if anyone has dealt with this before.
Lfamof6 is offline   Reply With Quote