TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2015, 12:53 PM   #11
Redtail Cruiser
TrailManor Master

Shane, If you go to the Trailmanor web site and click on service, that's where you'll find it. Here's the link

http://trailmanor.com/wordpress/owners-manuals/

"A man creates his own legacy. Create a legendary life"
Redtail Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 02:39 PM   #12
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Shane -

Rather than try to lay out the water system in words, I think you will find this diagram in one of my Albums helpful.

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...&pictureid=435

As for the blue binder, it is just exacly that - a plain old three-ring binder in a blue cover. When TM builds a trailer, they put a copy of the Owner's Manual in the binder. And perhaps more important, they also put in a copy of the manuals for all of the appliances, as well as information from Dexter Axle regarding the axle and brakes, and from Manchester (propane tanks).

Although the manuals for the appliances (and Dexter, and Manchester) are available on line, it is often handy to have them at your fingertips. To get them on line, just go to the manufacturer's web site for the appliance in question, and rummage around until you find it. Sometimes it can be time-consuming to find a manual, and then you may need to print it out.

So get yourself a binder, then get a copy of the Owner's Manual from the source Tim quoted (they are all pretty generic, by the way). Each time you feel the need for another manual, just print it out, punch it, and add it to the binder. Pretty soon you will have your own "mystical blue binder"!

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 05:59 PM   #13
oldstick
TrailManor Master

I would definitely drain all the pipes if located in NY for the winter. But one common problem for the Trail Manors seems to be the exterior shower valves if you have one. Some of them seem to be oriented vertically and located lower than the pipes feeding into them from the bathroom area. Thus it is impossible to completely drain the water out by gravity even if you open the valves and let the shower hose hang down.

Thus the recommendation to run RV safe antifreeze through, especially in colder climates. The exterior showers are located so close to the outside they are vulnerable in even middle/south GA winters as I found out. It is a very rare winter when many home plumbing pipes freeze and burst in this area. Because there's not many homes with plastic plumbing components close to the seldom freezing air temps like an RV would be.
oldstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 08:47 PM   #14
Redtail Cruiser
TrailManor Master

Another alternative to using chemicals in your fresh water tank is to install a marine tank access port. Then you can dry it out thoroughly and make sure it's clean. Here's a link to a discussion we had about it a while ago.

(Sorry for bad link)

Safe travels,

"A man creates his own legacy. Create a legendary life"
Redtail Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 03:04 PM   #15
shebantam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redtail Cruiser View Post
I get a blank when I click on this link. Thanks
2006 Aliner Cabin A3
1999 Sunnybrook 26FK with WDH with sway
all pulled by a 1999 F150
shebantam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 03:12 PM   #16
wbmiller3
Site Sponsor

Me too. But if you click where it says "residual water in fresh water tank..." above the box, I think it takes you where they wanted you to go.
2018 F150 towing 2001 2619; lift kit & 15" wheels
wbmiller3 is offline   Reply With Quote