TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > Buy or Sell a TrailManor > Parts and Accessories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2015, 07:12 PM

Dennis -

I agree with Bill. Your trailer is worth much, much more as a total unit. The damage to our trailer was beyond repair. However, before the tree fell on our camper, the front split just as yours did. We repaired it - similar to what Bill said. The repair was not even noticeable. About a year and a half ago a locust tree fell across the front. There was no going back from that.

I have almost completely parted ours out. Lots and Lots of work and no where near the value of the camper. If yours could be fixed it is worth much more than you'll get parting - just saying.

Good Luck and God Bless in what ever you do,
Kyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Dennis -

The separation of the walls may not be as scary as it appears. As I recall, in the separation area there is a 1X1 stick of aluminum or (more likely) wood. You can see it in the third picture. The front and the side panels are attached to this wood with a number of big screws, and the screw heads are covered by the corner molding, which is then caulked. In other words, I think the problem can be corrected.

The toilet cracks can be fixed. One outfit, used by some on this board including me, is Phillips Plastics in Phoenix. Use the Search tool.

The awning cap can be replaced. The fabric may be another matter, depending pon condition, but the awning is not a critical part of the trailer.

Parting out is a long tough job. Just ask Kyle Malmin.

Just my thoughts, but you might find that selling the complete unit to someone who is handy, at a low price, would be a better solution for you.

Bill
Old 12-03-2015, 10:09 PM
Site Sponsor

If you still wanna part it out after the above comments, gimme a price with shipping for the corner latches, pocket covers, and front storage door and a separate price for the hitch receiver (shipping to Rochester, NY 14606)... I'm still on the fence about adding the receiver for a bike rack but I do know the ridiculous price I was quoted from TrailManor makes it a no-go.
Draw-Tite i-Stop (rebadged Tekonsha Primus IQ)
Custom removable tongue

Last edited by Shane826; 12-10-2015 at 04:26 PM.