TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-15-2007, 09:56 AM   #1
Scopegeek

Default Interest in Southwest Chapter

I've noticed that there currently isn't an active Southwest Chapter of TrailBlazers. Are there TM owners in Arizona, California, Nevada, New Mexico, and Utah interested in reactivating a Southwest Chapter or at least getting together occasionally at any one of the many great National and State Parks in our region of the US? I've requested information from the National President on the requirements for reactivating the Southwest Chapter. Being a relatively new owner of a 3124KB, I thought it would be fun to get together with other owners. If interested, give me shout either here on the forum or at [email protected].

Clear skies and happy trails,
Old 01-15-2007, 08:30 PM   #2
RCCBV1

Let me know if you are successful. I hope to use my unit more this next year.
Old 01-16-2007, 03:14 AM   #3
tucsoncarol
Site Sponsor

Default Maybe.

Sort of a good idea, maybe. We aren't much for joining things, too independent I guess, but we can always use an excuse for dusting off the TM.
Old 01-16-2007, 09:54 AM   #4
Carole

Default Southwest Chapter

You might want to consider including members in the great Northwest, I know we would like to participate in a group of TM owners.

We will be heading for warmer weather in the next week. Will be camping in our TM in CA and AZ. Plan to return home by April 1. By then the lawn will really need a mow job.

What a great bunch of neat people that own TM's (especially Texas Camper, Leon) Leon is so helpful to many of us. Thank you.

Carole & Rod & Brickman (our Pom)
2619 TM 2004
2006 Titan Nissan
Old 01-16-2007, 11:09 AM   #5
Walter Roach

Default Let's at least plan a weekend during the summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scopegeek View Post
I've noticed that there currently isn't an active Southwest Chapter of TrailBlazers. Are there TM owners in Arizona, California, Nevada, New Mexico, and Utah interested in reactivating a Southwest Chapter or at least getting together occasionally at any one of the many great National and State Parks in our region of the US? I've requested information from the National President on the requirements for reactivating the Southwest Chapter. Being a relatively new owner of a 3124KB, I thought it would be fun to get together with other owners. If interested, give me shout either here on the forum or at [email protected].

Clear skies and happy trails,
Hi,

We are have been out 10 times with our new-to-us TM since October, mostly weekends or an over-nighter. We wish for a TrailBlazer event that we could attend. We cannot do the national event, since our schools are in session until June 20, 2007, and we are teacher (me) and principal (wife). If it is scheduled for someplace we could reach in a day's tow, at a time we are free, it would be fun. Perhaps the first event should be a weekend someplace where it isn't too hot. Also, the 'Southwest' sure covers a lot of real estate! Perhaps we should schedule 2 different weekends in different areas to allow for travel time. We would be willing to help, if there is enough interest.

Thanks,

Walter and Debbie
San Jose, CA
Old 01-16-2007, 12:37 PM   #6
Cateye
Cateye

You may also wish to include Western Colorado.
2003 2720SL
1999 Grand Cherokee, 4.7L V8
Quadradrive
Factory Towing Pkg.
Cateye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 01:03 PM   #7
Walter Roach

Default Let's put two weekend meetings together, open to whomever can come

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cateye View Post
You may also wish to include Western Colorado.
That's a good idea; let's put a couple of weekends together and invite everyone who can attend.

Walter & Debbie
San Jose, CA
Old 01-16-2007, 01:18 PM   #8
Tuscany Bandit

If it can become a reality you can pretty much count on at least us from Southern California to attend.
Please keep us in the loop.
Jerry
Old 01-16-2007, 08:00 PM   #9
hal

Hello all TrailBlazers in the Southwest.

The Mile High Chapter of Denver, has scheduled a ralley at Lathrop State Park, located near the southern border of Colorado. The purpose of this ralley is to invite anyone from the Southwestern states that wishes to form or restart a chapter (s) in your areas. The date for this event is June 7 thru 11th of this year (2007) We have already had responses for this event.

This will be a grand time to meet other Blazers and to camp together while helping you organize and form chapters. There are sites available at Lathrop for these dates. This a beautiful and popular campground so once the camping urge hits other campers, availability of these sites should decrease quickly.

Located in this area is the historic Cumbres and Toltec Railroad that chugs its way across some very scenic San Juan mountains and on into Chama, New Mexico. This historic railroad traverses an amazing variety of terrain from high plains desert, through transition zones and canyons, to sub-alpine meadows. The train ride is a delight for anyone who enjoys the high country with up-close looks at the striking geology, colorful wildflowers, and occasional glimpses of wildlife. Anyone for riding an old railroad?

Site reservations for Lathrop State Park can be made at www.reserveamerica.com. If you are able to attend or have further questions contact John Lanpher at [email protected]. You do not need to be a member of the National TrailBlazer to attend this meeting but your membership will be required for participation of any chapter(s) that are formed.

Hal
Old 01-16-2007, 08:10 PM   #10
hal

PS. We are gathering in Loop D at Lathrop. If all sites are taken in Loop D, Loop C is the next closest loop.

Hal