TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Appliances
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-17-2008, 08:10 PM   #1
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

Default Refurbished AC unit in new TM?

I was cleaning out the cooling fins and vents of the side-mount AC unit the other day, and noticed a big sticker inside that says "REFURBISHED". I thought that was interesting, but then thought that maybe a previous owner replaced the original either under warranty or as an aftermarket unit. But I was going through my blue book today, and looked at my "Recreational Vehicle Data Card" that lists the serial numbers of all the appliances, and sure enough, the AC serial number on the card matches the serial number on the AC unit.

So, that means, at one point, Trailmanor was installing refurbished AC units in their trailers. It works fine, but just seemed a bit odd.

FWIW.

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 08:09 PM   #2
larsdennert

It could be that it was sent back to the factory for a defect shortly after sale, fixed and then put back on a TM (yours). Since it had been used or sold maybe it couldn't be labeled as new. Just think of it as certified preowned. HAHA