TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Trailmanor Elkmont Models
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2010, 06:20 PM   #1
DC Randy

Default Leaks in Brand New Elkmont

I purchased a 2010 Elkmont in Nov 2009, that rolled off the factory the end of Oct 2009. Haven't used it yet. Two Saturday's ago I went to "check" on my new camper. The entire bed was soaked, the wardrobe wood is stained and molded, carpet soaked...even the front storage compartment that is accessed from the outside had water in it.

Took it back to the dealership and they found two leaks. The strip that runs down the front just above the decal has come completely loose and pulled away from the frame.

Here is TM's authorized repairs:

1. replace a 5 x 8 section of carpet that was wet (really? 5 x 8?? does that come with a nice seam?)
2. Use bleach and clean the affected wood/cabinets (really? bleach?)
3. replace the "bottom" of a wardrobe (but I guess the stained, ruined sides do not matter)
4. What about the wooden base the bed sits on...if the floor was soaked..hmm...let's see water DOES soak into wood, right?

Oh yeah, and 15 mins. after I received this list of "authorized repairs" my RV dealer received, the dealership sent another email to say their technicians had found ANOTHER leak in another spot. That's three.

I traded in my 2008 2720 SL for this. I'm sick.

TM is supposed to know for their factory and customer service.

I need help. I've had it for two months, never used it, and have just made my first payment. Does anyone have good ideas how to be heard???

I have been very supportive of this company, but make no mistake, if this turns out to be a trend (especially on this model), I will have no choice but to seek legal counsel. I also think a nice Twitter/Blog campaign might get some attention.

While this is venting, let's be clear: this was a $30,000 travel trailer (WELL over other models with the same features). Now it's Swiss cheese on tires.

I plan on updating this until I have gotten complete satisfaction.

Stay tuned.
Old 02-02-2010, 07:26 PM   #2
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

I would absolutely insist that your trailer was made as good as new. If you're not happy with the repair plans, tell your dealer, and if you can't get satisfaction from them, call the factory and follow it up in writing.

There is no reason that you should have to put up with shoddy repairs.

I believe that TrailManor wants to keep their customers satisfied, as long as their requests are reasonable. If you need to take pictures and email them to the factory, it may help.

Keep us posted on your progress.
Old 02-02-2010, 07:54 PM   #3
rumbleweed

Who was the dealer? Who are you talking to there?

Bob
Old 02-02-2010, 07:57 PM   #4
4Kids2Dogs

Is it insured? Could your insurance agent bring some pressure to bear?
1995 Ford F-150 w/Prodigy BC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
4Kids2Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 01:35 PM   #5
Bill & Lisa

Scott,
I don't get back on this forum as often as I like but I was noticing the same thing about curlytop that you brought up. I was proud of the way the members on here took the criticism in stride and offered to assist if able vice getting defensive about the product and attacking the person who would dare speak badly of something they have a strong loyalty to.

If I can make a recommendation to the moderators it would be to split out DC Randy's post and responses to it's own thread. This way we can keep up to date with his story without having to deal with what appears to be mud slinging by curlytop. The moderator may also be able to add something in curlytop's defense by checking his access record. Just cause he has only posted once doesn't mean he hasn't been back and read the replies.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:31 PM   #6
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill & Lisa View Post
If I can make a recommendation to the moderators it would be to split out DC Randy's post and responses to it's own thread. This way we can keep up to date with his story without having to deal with what appears to be mud slinging by curlytop.
Good idea. Done.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 07:55 PM   #7
curlyontop

I wish you the best of luck.
Old 02-23-2010, 03:46 PM   #8
Scott O

So do I. An expenditure of that magnitude shouldn't lead to problems. My only suggestion is that you carefully document everything, including mail, telephone, email, personal contacts, etc., with pictures when possible. I'm sure you are doing this already, but thought I would mention it just in case...
Old 03-11-2010, 09:50 AM   #9
brulaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC Randy View Post
Took it back to the dealership and they found two leaks. The strip that runs down the front just above the decal has come completely loose and pulled away from the frame.
... the dealership sent another email to say their technicians had found ANOTHER leak in another spot. That's three.
Randy,
I hope this is being resolved to your satisfaction.
If possible could you tell me in a bit more detail where these leaks were?

I'm picking up an Elkmont next week and will be sure to inspect all the panel seams for looseness and caulk. Were there any leaks around the windows, air conditioner, vents, and so on?

Bruce
Old 05-02-2010, 03:24 PM   #10
jollyroger

Default Elkmont leaks

Hi'
This is jollyroger and we have had the same expeience that you have had. We purchased a 2010 Elkmont in Jan. and the first time we used it we had six leaks that just flooded us. We took the unit back to the manufacturer and they took a strong interest in our problem. They rebuilt the roof and cleaned up the flooded mess inside. Unfortunately we have still had leakage problems although not so severe. I'm worried about how this repair is going to hold up in the future. I think that we are not alone in this. There are other owners out there with the same problem.