TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2017, 04:10 PM   #1
Gapopper

Default Glad I opened our camper

We have our camper stored in the yard with a cover. It was a warm weekend, so I decided to install a new and improved shower head. Before I opened the TM , I wanted to check my horizontal propane tanks. When I went to pull the pins that hold down the tanks , I noticed both were sheared off. They protrude down about two inches or they did. Evidently when I went over a speed bump or something, they got knocked off. I installed new ones from the bottom so that the pin sticks up instead of down. You may want to check yours .
My big surprise was when I opened the camper , I noticed it had been invaded by mice. I had to vacuum and sterilize everything. They made a nest in the bathroom cabinet out of toilet paper. I am glad I caught it before they damaged it. I bought some Fresh Cab, Mint Oil and Bounce dryer sheet to detur the little pest . I also placed poison and sticky traps around inside.
Gapopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 08:12 PM   #2
oldstick
TrailManor Master

I haven't checked our's yet, but it is stored covered in the yard as well. We are in the same geographic area and have had months of zero rain, followed by many inches of rain in the last month or two. I expect to find some critter invasions when I pull the cover off too. I Did spray inside for insects a couple months ago, but the recent rain may have drowned out some of the prime mouse habitat in our yard.
oldstick is offline   Reply With Quote