TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2015, 05:06 AM   #41
mmayville

Default Trailmanor

Hello everyone my name is Mike and I live in Allen Park, MI. I have been RV'ing since 2009. My first unit was an 18' Roadrunner that was like pulling a bill board. I traded it in on a Hi-Lo 17T TowLite which has served my wife and I very well with one little (Big) problem. No not with the Hi-Lo but with the storage space. We (She) has figured out that there is not enough room for her to bring half of the house except the kitchen sink which happens to be in the trailer. We are looking for a nice sized RV that has a towing length no greater than 24' closed. It has to have both beds on each end because she likes getting up in the morning and sitting at the dinette without having to undo the bed to sit there. We both have back problems, her more so because she had the L4 and L5 fused in her back from a serious car accident in 2011. Our first RV was an impulse buy and then we started researching for our next one. We did not discover the TrailManor until now. Here is the catch, we need to sell (or trade) our 2005 Hi-Lo before we can buy the next one. At the present time it is winterized and covered for the winter at our storage facility. I go back to work teaching on the 1st of September. I am the second owner, the first owner was a woman that hardly used it, got married moved to England and said she had no use for it. We use it 3 weeks out of the summer and it is in fabulous shape. We have it out there for sale on craigslist, RV Trader, RVT, and RV Oodle.
Craigs list
http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/rvs/5173168714.html
RV Trader
http://www.rvtrader.com/listing/2005...-17t-115362827
RV Oodle
http://rvs.oodle.com/view/hilo-trave...allen-park-mi/
RVT
http://www.rvt.com/Hi-Lo-Tow-Lite-17...61384-UX174153
mmayville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 07:39 AM   #42
Padgett
TrailManor Master

Now sure if you are looking for a TM or just advertising your HiLo.

There are several models that have beds at each end and a dinette such as the 2619 but if you are looking for storage you would be better off getting a shell for your pick-up (better aero also).
Old 08-28-2015, 08:56 AM   #43
rvcycleguy
TrailManor Master

In terms of storage... In my 3124KB, I have 4 under counter cabinets, 3 drawers under the wardrobe, and 4 more under the twin aisle sofas. The other interior storage is the large reach in under the rear bed. Exterior only has the rear bumper area reach in storage.

As you would know with the Hilo, all storage is below counter height. I keep clear view storage tubs with lids on the center aisle when packing down. Bedding, linens, camping gear, shower stuff, clothes. In the rear storage goes chairs, free form patio mat, water hose, leveling planks, tent for the kids, air mattress, float tubes, air compressor, battery charger, extra 30ft TM power cord extension, fire pit shovel, etc.

TM-2002 3124KB
TV-2003 Toyota Tundra V8 4.7L. Fact. Tow Pkg, air bags
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50c Motorcycle- crashed- parted out
1956 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Motorcycle-sold
2006 Harley Road King
rvcycleguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 04:05 PM   #44
mmayville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett View Post

There are several models that have beds at each end and a dinette such as the 2619 but if you are looking for storage you would be better off getting a shell for your pick-up (better aero also).
Actually we are looking for a TM. Don't need a shell for the truck, just need a longer rv. TM has the proper towing weight. I can tow the longest one that TM makes and still be under the weight limit. We are selling the Hi-Lo but are going to use the proceeds to go after a TM.

2004 2720SL Swing Tongue
2015 Toyota Tacoma V6 4.0L
Many changes since I purchased it!
Old 08-28-2015, 05:15 PM   #45
mmayville

Default Trail Manor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett View Post

I saw a unit like yours for sale on You Tube and I asked them if it was sold and they said yes. I like the way it raises and lowers, along with the full sized bath. The beds on each end are a fabulous solution to my wife and I's problem. She spent hours on You Tube looking at the TM's. She is wanting to see one so we are looking for one close to us.

2004 2720SL Swing Tongue
Old 08-28-2015, 07:05 PM   #46
rvcycleguy
TrailManor Master

Check the Gross Combined Weight Rating. The Tacoma may be 10,000lbs?

The longest TM will weigh in loaded with gear at 4000+ lbs. plus truck weight 3600lbs, and plus any payload to include passengers and any gear in truck bed. Adds up quickly.

TM-2002 3124KB
TV-2003 Toyota Tundra V8 4.7L. Fact. Tow Pkg, air bags
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50c Motorcycle- crashed- parted out
1956 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Motorcycle-sold
2006 Harley Road King
rvcycleguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 08:41 PM   #47
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

Mike, you may want to also consider a TM with the folding hitch. That shortens the storage length, if that is a consideration.
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 02:42 PM   #48
mmayville

Default Towing capacity

I will definitely get the folding hitch. My Tacoma is weighted at 6000 lbs. Towing capacity including passengers. This makes it 5300 towing weight with the truck loaded. I had it weighed when I took out my hilo and the max weight was 7900 lbs. with the trailer. The hilo dry is 2850 and hitch weight is 300 lbs. With the Weight Distribution Package makes it easier to tow. Even the 3326 King is weighted at 4916 lbs. loaded with a hitch weight of 486 lbs. The hitch weight on the Tacoma is 600 lbs. But I do not want to pull that long anyway. But it does give me choices of the type of TM to buy. I guess it falls under the heading of the type that the wife wants to get. It definitely has to have the two beds of that I am sure. My next outing will not be until spring anyway. Tuesday it is back to teaching and usually I do not have a life until June with a couple of breaks in between. Christmas off for about 2 weeks, week off in Feb. and then again in April the week of Easter which is usually when I pull the RV out for the season and take a short road trip before summer. I hope to be in a TM before next summer for a trip to the Gulf side of Florida.

2004 2720SL Swing Tongue
Old 08-31-2015, 06:40 AM   #49
oldstick
TrailManor Master

Regarding the Tacoma, our 2007 Tacoma seems to do fine with our 3023 TM, with a WDH installed that is. Too much squat on the notoriously under designed Tacoma rear springs without the WDH.

It handles very well due to the weight forward of the wheels design of the TM and the low profile. And transmission temps seem to stay in the safe range according to my monitor.

But that said, I do not want to try any trailer heavier than the 3023. And we have not had any trial runs in steeper hill country. I'm not expecting that to be a walk in the park with this combination.
oldstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 08:38 AM   #50
Redtail Cruiser
TrailManor Master

+1, Oldstick, I think you'll be disappointed towing in the mountain ranges with your setup, but probably fine in the foothills.

Hi Mike, welcome to the forum. Oldstick is right, you probably don' want to tow a 3124 or a 3326 with a Tacoma. Even with a WDH, the tail will be wagging the dog.

"A man creates his own legacy. Create a legendary life"
Redtail Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote