TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Trailmanor Elkmont Models
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2011, 04:36 PM   #1
Susan Kalow

Angry Elkmont Frame Defect

I would like feedback from those of you who have experienced problems with the tongue and frame on the 2009 Elkmont. We discovered broken welds and twists in our frame several weeks ago. Our insurance company hired an engineer whose report states that the problem is due to "gradual advancing cold cracks in the heat affected zone adjacent to the welds." We have tried numerous times to contact Trailmanor in Lake City, TN. through both email and phone messages. We don't have a dealer in MN. so we don't know who else to contact. I understand that there has been no recall but that Trailmanor can supply parts to fix the problem. I have not been able to get a person on the phone (only Voicemail) and no response to those messages or my emails. I have heard speculation that Trailmanor has gone out of business. Any help that can be supplied (phone numbers or other information) would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-22-2011, 08:40 PM   #2
namklg

Try Hilltop trailer sales. They have been a dealer in the past.
Old 09-23-2011, 11:25 AM   #3
brulaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Kalow View Post
I would like feedback from those of you who have experienced problems with the tongue and frame on the 2009 Elkmont. We discovered broken welds and twists in our frame several weeks ago. Our insurance company hired an engineer whose report states that the problem is due to "gradual advancing cold cracks in the heat affected zone adjacent to the welds." We have tried numerous times to contact Trailmanor in Lake City, TN. through both email and phone messages. We don't have a dealer in MN. so we don't know who else to contact. I understand that there has been no recall but that Trailmanor can supply parts to fix the problem. I have not been able to get a person on the phone (only Voicemail) and no response to those messages or my emails. I have heard speculation that Trailmanor has gone out of business. Any help that can be supplied (phone numbers or other information) would be greatly appreciated.
This is happened to at least one other 2009 Elkmont as well, and was fixed under warranty. I believe there is a discussion about it in the Elkmont section of the forum. Good luck.
Old 09-23-2011, 03:57 PM   #4
Susan Kalow

Default Elkmont frame damage

We have been working on getting this frame problem solved for WEEKS. Hilltop Trailers no longer deals with Trailmanor. I've sent at least 6 emails to customer service at the Trailmanor factory and left numerous messages with no responses. I am so disappointed in Trailmanor because they have completely blown us off. I can't get through to a human being and my attempts to communicate with Ed Lytle in customer service are being completely ignored. This is very frustrating as we are stuck with a trailer we can't tow. We have used this camper exactly 3 times and the cabin is pristine. We are out $19,000 and have a piece of junk on our hands!
Old 09-23-2011, 04:05 PM   #5
brulaz

Trailmanor may be defunct:
Trailmanor Problems
Old 09-23-2011, 04:11 PM   #6
brulaz

And this is the discussion of the Frame problem in early 2009 Elkmonts:
Frame Problem

Apparently there was a fix available.

If Trailmanor is defunct, you are alone on this unless you can persuade the dealer to apply the fix.

If it was me, with that amount of $$ already invested, I would get it fixed out of my own pocket if necessary.

EDIT: Can you see those threads? Just noticed you are not a regular member of this website.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:11 PM   #7
Susan Kalow

Default No Help With Frame Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by brulaz View Post
This is happened to at least one other 2009 Elkmont as well, and was fixed under warranty. I believe there is a discussion about it in the Elkmont section of the forum. Good luck.
Another week has passed us by and no interest from Trailmanor in helping us with our bent Elkmont frame. No word from Bob Eickhoff. Dissappointing! I did get an answer from Matt Thacker @Custom RV Sales in CA. He has been trying hard to help us and I appreciate his efforts but feel Trailmanor has really failed us.
Old 09-29-2011, 10:23 PM   #8
ng2951

If or when they open their doors again I feel sure that they will help...
Old 10-03-2011, 09:04 AM   #9
Susan Kalow

Default Bob Eickhoff Responds to Elkmont Frame Problem

I heard from Bob Eickhoff this morning (October 3rd) and he has promised to help us with our Elkmont frame problem once the company gets back on track. We appreciate his response, and feel less frustrated after having our situation acknowledged. I hope there will eventually be a satisfactory solution. We wish Bob good luck with getting Trailmanor "fixed". Susan
Old 10-06-2011, 10:46 AM   #10
mkayers

We had the same problem as you just before the 4th of July. Trailmanor sent the kit to fix it but my dealer didn't even bother with it because they felt it was too weak to even do anything. They did all the work themselves. You might be better off to just pay someone to have it done right. Then the week after we got it back the headboard frame ripped off the wall. You'll see that elsewhere too. We traded it in on a Flagstaff a couple weeks after that. I liked everything about it but the customer service was terrible. The dealer we got it from quit carrying them because they were taking too much heat from customers on warranty work & it was because Trailmanor was taking too long to send parts etc. Good luck!