TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Appliances
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-29-2013, 03:05 PM   #1
Troglodyte

Default It's hot in here!

We are new owners and out for the weekend in 84 degrees with full hookups. We have the air conditioning on but it's only keeping the inside at 81 degrees. The compressor is running, fan blowing, partial shade but it just doesn't seem to stay cool. Is this normal?
Troglodyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 05:05 PM   #2
Redtail Cruiser
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troglodyte View Post
We are new owners and out for the weekend in 84 degrees with full hookups. We have the air conditioning on but it's only keeping the inside at 81 degrees. The compressor is running, fan blowing, partial shade but it just doesn't seem to stay cool. Is this normal?
No, that doesn't seem normal. Last weekend we were in our local mountains and it was in the mid to high 80's during the day. When we turned on the A/C and put it on the max cooling setting, it cooled down our rig to about 75 degrees in 15 to 20 minutes. We had to turn the fan down to low to keep it from getting cooler. It sounds like your (freon) coolant level could be low. You better get it tested when you can.

"A man creates his own legacy. Create a legendary life"
Redtail Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 05:46 PM   #3
Dstrand100

I agree with Redtail Cruiser. No it doesn't seem right. We recently finished a trip to Kissimmee FL and back. The outside temps were in the high 80s to about 90. On low cool, we maintained a temp inside of about 74-75 and periodically adjusted the thermostat to keep it from getting cooler. However, I don't have any suggestions other than freon low.
Old 06-29-2013, 06:03 PM   #4
hillbillyhotel
TrailManor Master

mybe ck the filter? has it worked in the past or first time on? but no it should do a much better job cooling than that, like others said, on high after an hr even in 90 plus heat , got to turn down.
it might be noisy, but it works real well

RANDY & VICKIE
2003 3124 KS
TV 02 AVALANCHE 2500 4X4 8.1L
W/ PRODIGY B.C.,MAXXIS 10 PLY,HONDA 3000I

TM HISTORY
(88) TM 25 KING, (91) TM 23,(98) 3023, (03) 3124KS
hillbillyhotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 10:28 PM   #5
Troglodyte

Thanks for the responses. This is the first time we turned it on and we are leaving for Florida tomorrow. I guess I will see if we are passing close to any dealers on the way. Disappointing in a 2 month old TM.
Troglodyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 05:29 AM   #6
scrubjaysnest
TrailManor Master

With it running in the mid 90's here you will need to get that AC looked at. It has also been mid 70's to low 80's at night. Look for any RV dealers that do warranty repair on your A/C unit. Doesn't have to be a TM dealer. There is a TM dealer just north of Gainsville on US 441 if you are coming down I-75. Its SandersonRV.com but I don't like them.

mods: 2- 100 watt solar panels, on roof, 300 watts portable

“They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Benjamin Franklin
scrubjaysnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:46 PM   #7
FujiPedaler

Default Check the Temp Control

No one else said the obvious, but have you adjusted the temp control on the right side when you are facing the control panel. Max control is on the left side and Temp control is on the right side. All the way to total blue is the coldest it will get.

Just it case you didn't know. So many things to learn when new to you.

Have a great trip and you could make a little side trip and go to the factory in Tenn and then down to the Smokies on your way South.

Enjoy.

Norman
FujiPedaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 07:03 AM   #8
MisterP

One other thought. If someone looked at this trailer before you bought it, and inadvertently twisted the thermostat knob hard, they may have stripped the knob and you are not making any adjustment when you turn it.

You may wish to pull the knob and make sure the temp control is turned all the way to cold. Check the inside of the knob and make sure it does not appear damaged.
Old 07-02-2013, 10:35 PM   #9
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

This may sound lame...but sometimes the placement of the TM has a lot to do with it. We once camped at Silver River State Park and could not cool off the TM...due to when and where the hot sun was hitting it. That is the only time we have had that problem.

After that I wanted to put dark film on the windows just never could figure out how to work around the screen. I did line the curtains though.

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:01 AM   #10
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

The real basic test is not whether it cools the TM. It is "does the air conditioner blow cold air?"

Turn it to High Cool, move the thermostat to full blue (coldest), let the compressor and fan run for 5 minutes or so, and then put your hand at the air grill. If it is blowing cold air, then the air conditioner is OK, and you look elsewhere for the problem. If it is blowing room-temperature air, then something about the air conditioner unit is bad.

Good luck.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a/c, air conditioning, airconditioner