TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Electrical
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-20-2011, 12:02 AM   #21
PopBeavers

Quote:
Originally Posted by moaboy View Post
So Pop are you suggesting it is easier to carry aprox. 100 lbs vs rolling 75 lbs on the ground?
I guess that is one way to stay in shape....
I have to pick it up to swing over the side of my truck. I have to stand on the side rail.

I hold on to the side of the bed with my left hand and swing the generator up and over with my right hand. This gets the generator directly behind the cab.

I could get the Yamaha and the Honda 3000 in, but I would have to lift the Yamaha onto the tailgate, or roll the Honda 3000 up a ramp onto the tailgate. Then climb into the bed of the truck and move the generator to where I want it to be.

But, there is another problem. We load the two motorcycles first. After they are strapped down, front wheel forward, there is just enough room in the front corner of the bed to lower a Honda 2000 into that space.

The Yamaha might fit by setting it on its side. Not sure if that is a good idea when it has fuel in the tank.

Anything with a foot print longer or wider than the Honda 2000 will not fit in that space. By the time I load 5-8 gallon water containers, 4 gas cans, two ice chests, spare tire for the ATV trailer, plus a bunch of other stuff I run out of room rapidly.

I wish crew cab trucks came with a bed that was longer than 8 feet.

Some of us have a lot of stuff.

btw, the other crew cab truck is also full with the rest of the stuff, so there is no room there.

A GMC 2500 HD truck with stuff in the back seat of the cab and the 8 foot bed full and towing a TM 2720 is just not big enough. That is why we take two full size trucks, bot are crew cabs.

Wanna trade gasoline bills?
Old 10-21-2011, 07:59 AM   #22
camp2canoe

We're all getting older and lifting stuff like generators into the bed of a truck gets only more difficult. If we were all rich we could install a Tommy Lift on the back of the truck. For those of us who are fiscally challenged, I have a suggestion. A Monarch game lift (sold by Cabela's and some discount houses) is a device that fits into a bag and when assembled fits into a 2" hitch receiver. Think of it as a crane that can be used both to hold a deer for cleaning and to get a deer carcass into a truck for transport. At less than $200 retail it's way cheaper than back surgery! If it can hold a 200# deer, it sure could be used to lift a generator, tool box or loaded cooler into the back of a truck. - camp2canoe
Old 10-21-2011, 12:07 PM   #23
happybeebob

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopBeavers View Post
I have to pick it up to swing over the side of my truck. I have to stand on the side rail.

I hold on to the side of the bed with my left hand and swing the generator up and over with my right hand. This gets the generator directly behind the cab.

I could get the Yamaha and the Honda 3000 in, but I would have to lift the Yamaha onto the tailgate, or roll the Honda 3000 up a ramp onto the tailgate. Then climb into the bed of the truck and move the generator to where I want it to be.

But, there is another problem. We load the two motorcycles first. After they are strapped down, front wheel forward, there is just enough room in the front corner of the bed to lower a Honda 2000 into that space.

The Yamaha might fit by setting it on its side. Not sure if that is a good idea when it has fuel in the tank.

Anything with a foot print longer or wider than the Honda 2000 will not fit in that space. By the time I load 5-8 gallon water containers, 4 gas cans, two ice chests, spare tire for the ATV trailer, plus a bunch of other stuff I run out of room rapidly.

I wish crew cab trucks came with a bed that was longer than 8 feet.

Some of us have a lot of stuff.

btw, the other crew cab truck is also full with the rest of the stuff, so there is no room there.

A GMC 2500 HD truck with stuff in the back seat of the cab and the 8 foot bed full and towing a TM 2720 is just not big enough. That is why we take two full size trucks, bot are crew cabs.

Wanna trade gasoline bills?
Wayne:
With taking two crew cabs it looks like you are now ready to upgrade to a trailer mounted generator. Just a thought.
Old 10-22-2011, 10:03 AM   #24
PopBeavers

Quote:
Originally Posted by happybeebob View Post
Wayne:
With taking two crew cabs it looks like you are now ready to upgrade to a trailer mounted generator. Just a thought.
That thought has crossed my mind. The Honda is less than 100 pounds, so I could carry it on the back of the TM. I have the factory hitch rated for 100 pounds.

I have seen some people build a rack on the tongue to carry the generator above the propane tanks, but I have the swing tongue and there just doesn't seem to be enough space. I would have to carry the generator very far back and then I would no longer be able to open the TM without removing the generator. I did not like that limitation. At 58 I can still do a fair amount of lifting as long as I am careful about load distribution. In a few more yeas I may re-evaluate the situation.
Old 11-02-2011, 09:07 PM   #25
guitartom

I had my boliy 3600 ie running the A/C last year in 100F weather, no problem. Push button start, economy mode for when a/c 's not needed, and it weighs 70 lbs. A lot cheaper than honda and Yamaha too.
Old 03-26-2012, 04:30 AM   #26
wtbrian

I am also looking for a small and most of all quiet generator. My old one is so extremely loud and now I want a quiet one. I am still not sure which one will be the best and due to this I thought I simply try different generators. The best option to do this is by using generator rentals. With doing so I can be sure that I will buy the most quiet model. Prospectively I have to check two models then I will finally make the right decision.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:17 PM   #27
scrubjaysnest
TrailManor Master

For us if we need the AC unit it is cheaper to go to a campground with power.
$1200 will pay for a lot of nights in a campground. This is also a lot quieter.

mods: 2- 100 watt solar panels, on roof, 300 watts portable

“They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Benjamin Franklin
scrubjaysnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:23 AM   #28
Beak12

Default Generators

Got a e-mail from Camping World--they are now selling the Yamaha EF2000iS generator. Anyone know about this and how well it will for for a TM (not using the AC) ?
Old 04-09-2012, 04:10 PM   #29
moaboy

Wise Equipment online usually beats their price by several dollars.
Should be fine with no AC.
Old 04-09-2012, 06:53 PM   #30
Scott O

+2 for the dual Honda 2000s. My basic reason is that the 3000 is really not portable, at least to my back!

Tags
a/c, generator