TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-11-2013, 01:56 AM   #1
nwhouston

Exclamation City water connection seems blocked

We have our new to us 2007 3124ks set up at our daughter's and son-in-law's house for our first use. It was delivered there from the dealer (Car Show - Col Spgs) after a complete check by them that allowed us to get an extended warranty. When my wife connected from their house water to the city water on the trailer, she got no flow at the sink. The water pressure is typical city water so she did not put the regulator in the hose hook up, but she did put a new cartridge charcoal filter in line. She did find the drains from the various water lines open under the trailer, so she closed those. Then re pressured, and the water was coming out at the outside shower door and under the trailer at that location. I am not there to help trouble shoot. Anyone had any issues with the just the normal city connection hookup? I have not found any issues posted on this site, but maybe I have not quite searched deeply enough. Appreciate any ideas as I will have to phone consult on this one.
nwhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 04:15 AM   #2
Gwenzilla

First open outside shower door and look to see if one of the faucet handles are not closed.
On our trip before last we had one of the faucet valve cap nuts (the hot water one) completely blow out. We ended up having to buy a whole complete faucet assembly as we could not find any source for the individual parts.

Ours was an ITC Fontana Exterior Shower valve assembly.

Also a bit difficult to work on due to the small access cavity. But if I can do it (and I did) any slightly handy person should not have a problem replacing it.
Old 11-11-2013, 04:48 AM   #3
nwhouston

Thumbs up Outside shower check as reason for no flow at sink

Gwenzilla, I think the outside shower will be the first cab off the rank for my wife's checks. Hopefully she won't find actually failed parts, just open valves. Appreciate the quick response. NWH
Old 11-11-2013, 06:55 AM   #4
rumbleweed

There also hot and cold water drains under the TM below the outside shower. They may be open. There are a total of 4 low point drains under the TM that need to be closed for use. Cold water and water heater under TM below sink. and the two mentioned above. Also for winterizing, they may have removed the shower head from the outside shower. I recommend you always use a pressure reducer as the water system in the TM is not designed to handle the pressure of some public water systems.
Old 11-11-2013, 08:50 AM   #5
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

She put a charcoal filter in line, and got no flow? First thing I would do is remove that filter - make things as simple as possible before attempting further troubleshooting.

The suggestions recieved so far regarding the outside shower are good.

There is a diagram of the plumbing system at

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...&pictureid=435

It may help.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 09:12 AM   #6
Scott O

The faucets have a little screen in the aerator that can get plugged. This is common when the anode rod in the water heater does its job. Unscrew the aerator, and if it is clogged, clean it and then do maintenance on the water heater. Of course, this problem would be the same if you were on city water or using the tank/water pump.
Old 11-11-2013, 11:26 AM   #7
nwhouston

Default Still tracking the issue with low flow

Thanks for the leads so far. Update from my wife is that she did get flow from the sink once she had three of the four drains closed. Later found the fourth. The Car Show folks have told me that they do open both water valves on the outside shower, which my wife thought she had closed when she first opened the outside door. She is going to check further for open valves or loose fittings when she is back at the trailer. Appreciate everyone's help. Will post what she finds is the final answer. NWH
Old 11-11-2013, 01:33 PM   #8
nwhouston

Smile City water flow and leak issue solved

The simple answer to the city water leak on our TM: both shower valves were open for shipping the trailer to us. We did not get that word from the dealer, but they told us that was their practice when I got them on the phone. So once both valves were closed tight, no more leak. But, the leak did go on long enough that the back compartment floor is wet, resulting in a smell. We have the door open to speed up the drying, plus we plan to put a small fan in the compartment.

Any suggestions on ways to get the odor out of the carpet as it dries, or maybe once it is mostly dry? Probably we will just tackle it with a standard rug cleaner unless someone has a good practice to share.

Thanks again to everyone for helping on this one. NWH

Tags
city water, water hook up