TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-19-2013, 07:12 PM   #1
Maga04

Exclamation Our Dry Run is Wet! Help!!!

Just purchased a 2008 2720 here in Central Florida and took it for a dry run at a nearby state park. First a little background on the trailer.

The previous (first) owners purchased it in 2009 from a local dealer after it had been sitting on the lot for several months. Nice older couple who stored it in their garage, took it out for short weekend trips maybe six times, last trip over a year ago. It looks brand new, but the outside caulking has black mold in it, not surprising for Florida.

After setting up on a pretty level camping spot yesterday (we were FT Rvers a few years back so we know the basics, made sure we were level, etc.), we first noticed that a small, rubber backed rug belonging to PO, lying directly under the A/C was wet. Not suspecting, we thought that maybe it was from the A/C due to it running on max for several hours. Water from the A/C was running off the roof and down the front right corner of the trailer at this time.

I took the original rug and put it outside, noticing it had water stains on the underneath side. I had bought some new, all cotton rugs and placed one by the front door, fits perfectly from wall to wall, and another by the sink. This evening after washing quite a few dishes (daughter and grandkids came for dinner), DH noticed a wet area right next to the bench seat by the fridge, thought one of the kids spilled something. We lifted up the bench cover and lo and behold, there's a puddle of water that seems to be coming out from under the cabinet. Hubby saw water dripping from the pump, though we are on city water and not using it . Only way we stopped it was turning off the pressure outside.

Now here is the weird part; I shook out the rug next to the front door and noticed the side next to the other bench was wet too! Hubby opened it up and low and behold more water, approximately half of the underside of the table extension is wet, and dark areas near the underneath metal tabs lead me to believe it is not the first time.

My questions: are these two wet areas related? What on earth is going on, any ideas????

Tags
plumbing, water leaks, water pump