TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2007, 09:27 PM   #1
MukaboutintheNW

Default Saying Hello and Memorial Weekend Plans

Hi Everyone,
Well, I thought I'd come out of hiding and say hello. I joined this forum about a month ago and it was the smartest thing I could have done after getting our new-to-us TM also about a month ago. This board is so informative and everyone's ideas and questions are so helpful and supportive. So thank you for that. We owned a tent trailer prior to this and the TM is just luxurious to us! I've incorporated so many of your tips and tricks already, and just this evening I finished modifying the shower curtain thanks to Hal's modification sheet, which was so nicely done. I had to blow the dust off the sewing machine and dig out the instructions on how to set it up, but once started, it was easier than I thought it would be and I'm so pleased how it turned out. DH also fixed the elegant lights so they consistently go on when they're supposed to and no flickering. I actually like them now!

We got our TM out of storage this past weekend and DH, son, dog and I have spent so much time in it fiddling around with things, cleaning, and just happily sitting in it, that we've dubbed it the Clubhouse.

I don't really have any specific questions right now since all of them have been answered by this forum, but would like to know what people have planned for the upcoming weekend. Memorial Day weekend is a popular time to go camping so I figure many of you will also have plans. It will be our first trip with the TM. We will do what we do every Memorial Day weekend - camping at Deception Pass State Park on Whidbey Island in WA state with several other families. I'm so looking forward to it!

Sharon
Old 05-22-2007, 05:39 AM   #2
Keith Wire
TrailManor Master

Hi Sharon,

Memorial Day will be our first outing with our camper. We are going to Niagara Falls and are getting pretty excited. We've been there before, but we are going to do the Maid of the Mist and Behind the Falls this time.

I will echo your comments about the value of this forum. It is the greatest! We have learned so much and have made many of the mods found here. I feel pretty confident we will have a good time with few problems largely do what I have learned.

Have a great weekend, Keith
Keith Wire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 08:12 AM   #3
Freedom

IMHO holiday weekends were made for staying home! We like to go when everybody else isn't! We just got back from two weeks in Puerto Vallarta - supposedly the "off" season. We like "off" season since we're retired and can go then. A lot of things cost less in "off" season - like gasoline. Gas in Mexico is cheaper than here! ($2.40/ gal)
Old 05-22-2007, 09:33 AM   #4
MukaboutintheNW

Default Counting the days to retirement

I for one cannot wait until DH and I retire and can take advantage of the off-seasons and camping mid-week. Then maybe we don't have to always reserve campsites for those crowded weekends. Only about 15-20 years to go! Is it too early to start my count down calendar to retirement?

Sharon
Old 05-22-2007, 09:38 AM   #5
MukaboutintheNW

Default Niagara Falls

Keith,
Niagara Falls holds such fond memories for me. One summer when I was about 10-11 years old, my family went camping cross country from WA state to Maine in a tent trailer (my dad is from Maine). Niagara Falls was one of my favorite memories of that trip, just beautiful. Enjoy your trip!

I agree, I really feel confident that our first outing with the TM will be RELATIVELY smooth because of what I've picked up on this forum. I'll be sure to share all the not-so-smooth parts too once we get back.

Have a great weekend too. Sharon
Old 05-22-2007, 11:04 AM   #6
Travler

For those of yall in Texas there is a wine festivle in Austin Tx....first one for Austin.That's where the wife and I will be.
This is the website.........and yes the TM is going.

2007 Austin Wine Festival : May 26 - 28 : HOME
Now they have created the Austin Wine Festival, the first of its kind in Texas. ... Join us for the best-ever and first-ever downtown Austin Wine Festival. ...www.austinwinefestival.com - 16k - Cached - More from this site
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 11:44 AM   #7
2bcs1jrt

Well, we will be celebrating our 14th wedding anniversary on Sunday. The plan is to attend a Volunteer Firefighters benefit where my daughter's band will be performing at Muir Beach. 3 of my 4 grand children will be there to keep us in line.
Supposed to be in the high 70's.
Oh, and we will be repairing our TM toilet the rest of the long weekend... so I guess our weekend plans do involve the TM.
Cheri
Old 05-22-2007, 01:55 PM   #8
Bill & Lisa

Just came back from the Va Samboree at BethPage RV Resort in Urbanna. 298 rigs attended. Didn't see any TM's

We will be dry camping in the backyard of one of the members of our FCRV chapter. (It is a big back yard and backs up upon the James River. Next weekend we will be in the Poconos at a Keystone (Montana) Rally. the weekend after that (8-10 June) Waynesboro, Va. Misty Mountain Campground.

Then we have to take a break for daughter's graduation from High School.

Weekend after that (22-24 June) camping with our FCRV group at The Pottery Campground in Williamsburg Va.

26th of June will be our 25th wedding anniversary. Rest of the summer is not quite so hectic (yet!) but we are still filling slots in our dance/camping card!

We are going to miss the Apalaction chapter ralley in September as we will be at the Keystone Rally in Elkhorn Il touring the factory and getting lots of adjustments and freebees from the manufacturer.

Hope all get out and enjoy your families and your units.

Bill
Old 05-22-2007, 03:01 PM   #9
NiceMustang

We take off for our first ever TM trip to William O'Brian State Park in MN on Friday. The prep work on the 2619 has gone very well thanks to this site and the comments and help people have offered us. We have a lot to learn, have taken a "this is a test" attitude towards this weekend, and I'm sure we'll hit some bumps along the way...but we're super excited and this camper is so nicely designed compared to our old pop-up. It's going to be a great weekend regardless of the bumps we might hit! Thanks again for all the help and the great expertise you guys share with the rest of us!
Old 05-22-2007, 03:11 PM   #10
BrigCA61

Default Welcome

Hi Sharon, and welcome to you and your family to the Forum (dog included).

We're from the Sacramento, CA area. We have 3 dogs as you can see from the picture above. We love our TM and especially because we can take our canine-kids along with us every time we want to go somewhere. I too like the "off season" and we plan as much as possible around that time, but since DH is still employed full-time, we have to make do with the holiday weekends too. When we reserve sites several months in advance it's not too much of a problem, other than having to deal with fully-loaded campgrounds. This year, for the first time since we've started camping with the TM, we booked a lot of sites in state parks with no hookups. This weekend we will be at Clear Lake State Park (no hookups). I just hope it won't be too hot, but our site is right on the lake so there is some relief! The rest of the summer I have camping planned in the mountains under the pines - can't wait.

Thanks for starting this topic. Hope everyone has a nice enjoyable weekend.

Brigitte