TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Trailmanor Elkmont Models
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-05-2010, 04:50 PM   #11
cochise

BRULAZ..here is why your furnace worked so poorly.

Suburban in their installation manual, copy of which I have if you are interested, requires a minimum of 55 sq in return air. And since you probably only have two air inlets, one into the bathroom and one on the short leg of your seat by the battery box, they are only 4 in which gives an open area of 25 sq in optimally, in the case of the elkmont with the grille probably only about 23 sq in, there simply is not enough area to expel the heated air into the living area. I had the exact same problem, only when we contacted TM they washed their hands of the whole thing. I than contacted SUBURBAN and they are now handling it. They have told me that they want it fixed and will do it at their expense and than go to TM. (See the enclosed doc).

I also paid 20K+ cash for my Elkmont and I damn well want it to function the way it should.
cochise is offline   Reply With Quote