TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2005, 08:31 PM   #1
wiloran

Default Any owners around Reno, NV?

Just recently introduced to TrailManor. So far, I've only seen pictures but it appears to be a darned good lookin' trailer. I'm curious to find out if there are any local owners.
Old 06-28-2005, 12:25 AM   #2
BrigCA61

Smile Howdy neighbor!

We live in Sacramento, CA... just over the hill from you. Welcome to the forum.
Old 06-28-2005, 03:34 PM   #3
PopBeavers

Though I live in San Jose, we were camping alst weekend at Emigrant Gap on I80. Less than an hour from Reno.
Old 06-29-2005, 08:05 PM   #4
wiloran

Hi neighbors (well almost anyway). Thanks for the replies. My husband and I are scheming for a couple of days off work to go look at the 2720SL (the closest dealer is closed on my husband's days off). Maybe we'll run into one of you in our future travels. Enjoy your summer!
Old 06-29-2005, 10:14 PM   #5
BrigCA61

We will be at Pardee Lake in Ione, CA over the 4th... you are welcome to come by if you're in the area and we'll show you the Trailmanor...we have a 2005 2720 SD (Dinette) model.

We used to admire them when we saw them on the road, and once in a campground. Then I saw them online at the trailmanor website and just drooled... lol at the sight of the interiors. I just had to see one in person to see if it was really all it appeared to be. Well, let me tell you... once I stepped inside I was standing comfortably with my husband and the salesperson... we were three grown adults and didn't feel cramped one bit. Infact, my jaw almost dropped when I walked in... it is MUCH bigger inside then it looks in all the photos. Second thing I realized was that it immediately felt like "home".. maybe it's the neutral colors and the uncluttered look. The only trouble I had was deciding between the SD (dinette model) and the SL (Sofa/Chair model)... it was a hard decision but being that I enjoy cooking and the whole idea of sitting down at a table face-to-face or reading trail maps comfortably at the table, we decided with the dinette version. It's always fun to play cards at the table too if the weather isn't too comfortable outside. We later realized that you can fold the center table down and it feels like a little living room then. Either choice is good tho.

We purchased ours through the RV show at Cal Expo in March from Dinuba RV. They are located in Isleton, CA, about 45 minutes from us and are wonderful people to work with. I highly recommend them... they don't rush you through anything and treat you like family. They are closed Sunday and Monday. http://www.dinubarv.com/

Good luck and hope to see you sometime...

Brigitte
Old 06-30-2005, 09:48 PM   #6
wiloran

Thanks for the offer. We'll be spending our holiday at Webber Lake which is about 45 minutes from Truckee. Otherwise, we'd head for Ione. We currently have a 24 foot Class C, which has been a dream. We took it on a 4000 mile trip to Mexico last winter. While we were there, we ended up buying a (vacation-someday retirement) house in Puerto Vallarta and now we need something more compact to fit in the driveway! The TM looks like it will meet all of our needs. Style, class, comfort for 2 (and a small nipper named Ruff). And we won't have to tow a car behind us!

I've been in touch with Dinuba. They've been helpful but unfortunately, my husband's days off are Sunday and Monday. And now we've taken so many vacation days for our travels that we have none left. We may just have to have a couple of sick days (hope the boss doesn't read this)!

Somehow, something will work out. Give a holler if you ever head up this way.

Lori
Old 07-01-2005, 12:58 PM   #7
Larry_Loo

Lori, it would be worth your while to contact Chris Bauer to find out about the problems he encountered while trying to import his TM into Mexico. Chris lives in Guadalajara and currently has a thread in the "Off Topic" section.
Old 07-01-2005, 10:05 PM   #8
wiloran

Hi Larry, Thanks for the concern. I think I've read some of Chris' postings on the Good Sam Club Mexico travel forum. He sounds very knowledgeable. We've done some pretty extensive research on moving to Mexico, establishing residency and importing household goods, cars, toys, trailers, etc., so think we have a pretty good handle on what we need to do. But I figure the more people we talk to who have first hand knowledge, the better. Thanks again. Lori