TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2006, 11:01 AM   #1
Gromitsldy

Exclamation A couple of questions from a prospective owner

I can't seem to find answers to these anywhere!

1) Are there curtains that go across the beds to provide privacy from the rest of the people sharing the TM space?
Something similar to what you see in the Popup campers?

2) My husband is 5'11" and he is worried about the interior height of the TM being only 6'4".

3) Anyone out there have small children? We have daughters, ages 5 & 3. Will this camper be okay for the four of us?

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

L Kimsey
Old 08-23-2006, 11:25 AM   #2
Freedom

1) Yes, there are privacy curtains for the beds - at least for our 2619. The one for the back is usually hidden behind the wardrobe and the two for the front live in one of the drawers. The grand kids have used the back curtain, but the front two have never been used in our trailer.
2) I am 6'0" and have no problems with the heighth of the ceiling - now if you want to do jumping jacks. . .
3) We have taken our grandsons many times since they were small and even now at 6 and 8 they still love to go "camping" in the TM. They're used to camping in a tent with their parents, so going in the TM is a treat.
Old 08-23-2006, 12:01 PM   #3
PopBeavers

We have a 2005 TM 2720.

DW closes off the privacy curtains if we have guests. Not necessarily for the privacy, but some of our guests have started rumors that we snore.

The privacy curtains in the front have never been used.

I am 5 11 3/4 and have never hit my head, except a few times on the top of the door frame going into the bathroom.

Our son is 6 foot 4 plus a little. He has to duck more than I do (obviously) when going into the bathroom. He has plenty of clearance under the front shell, but the rear part of the rear shell is a little low for him.

He sleeps on the front bed. Usually occupying all of it with his gear and his flopping around.

Sometimes we take my brother-in-law and his 23 year old son. Nephew sleeps on the dinette (he is 6 foot) and his dad gets the front bed. They have no complaints.

Daughter, 25, always sleeps in her backpacking tent as far away from me as she can get. She is another contributor to the rumors of snoring.

I claim that the 2720 is comfortable for 4 adults, two on the queen, one on the double and one on the dinette.

The front bed and dinette can certainly be used by two people, as long as they are not too big. For young children it would not be a problem. By the time the kids are teens they would likely prefer to be in a tent away from the trailer when sleeping. Unless a big storm rolls in.
Old 08-23-2006, 03:40 PM   #4
sir1doc

We have 2 kids boy 2.5yrs and girl 7 going on 17 haha
I also have an older model M26 which is kind of like a 2720 I'm told.(instead of the dinette, I have a couch and 2 chairs)
I consider it to be very kid friendly. and the curtains are helpful. Not ideal as the lil man tends to pull on them but they work well at giving her a bit of privacy.
We always have a friend for the daughter since I can't keep up with her on the bike and at the playgrounds and we have plenty of room. I put the two girls on the double in front which if you have a pop up you know that being able to shove them up on the bed with some toys is great so they are out of the way for clean ups and showers at night. and the lil man gets the couch.
As for height I am 6'4" and 275lbs and find it to be adequate. I have the side mounted a/c and have no real problems except like mentioned by others, I do tend to bump my head going out of the bathroom. The shower serves us all in shifts and we find that we have plenty of storage using one of those small 3 drawer rubbermaid dressers for each kid and the closet for us . Our longest trip was 4 nights and loved it.
Good luck!
Old 08-23-2006, 09:19 PM   #5
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

We have a 2720, and two "kids" bigger than me now. DH is 6'3". He can stand up inside w/no problems, except for the light in the back near the wardrobe. He hits his head on the bathroom wall occasionally, and now my son has started to have this problem (he grew 4" last year!). But he still LOVES our TM. We have privacy curtains for the rear bed, and ordered the ceiling track for the front, but have yet to make curtains. We don't really need them and rarely use the ones in the back, except when someone wants to change in the area between the wardrobe and the bathroom (we rigged up another "curtain", it's really a throw blanket that we hang up) that runs from the bathroom wall to the outer edge of the wardrobe). The beds work out great for the 4 of us; the kids each have a full-sized bed, and we get a queen. I wish that we'd had our TM when our kids were little, it would have been so perfect for our little family. We had an older 12' trailer for a while, it was secure and warm, but no bathroom or shower, and just an icebox. We felt spoiled when we bought our TM!
Old 08-24-2006, 05:38 PM   #6
Magdefrau

It will be one year this Labor day weekend that my family and I have owned our 3032. It was used by one owner and one year the day we purchased it.

Because we can pull it behind my wife's Grand Caravan mini-van it was the camper we wanted.

My daughter likes it. My son is fine with it. My wife loves it. I find it a joy camping in .

I see a family group of four doing fine with this type of camper.

Yes, the curtains at the two beds gives my daughter and wife their space. My son on the couch is happy with his space. Though he is the last to turn in and the first to get up. The bath room for myself at 6'11" is fine. Again my wife and daughter are happy with this too. The kitchen area is fine and the couch and table family area is also good. The TV and radio we have instaled has worked out very well.

This Labor Day we have scheduled yet another adventure. A family adventure! We are ging to a State Park here in Arkansas. It will be close to family. And we will visit them some. But will also run around the park.

Don't be mistakened. It is a challenge to keep the camper in good repairs. After a weekend of camping I will spend the same amount of time cleaning, adjusting, refitting the rig.

I think the most important thing to consider is getting as many hours out of it as possible. I'm not retired as most are. I struggle with my family time like any working man. To fully escape from the crushing reality of 12hourX 6day work weeks is not going to happen at the house with all of it's duties and chores. My kids find a happier Mom and Dad away....somewhere that does not count. Four weeks a year and maybe five three day weekends. Not much...........but my son and daughter like our time together. It costs more money, but we have gone farther on less compared to the friends without a camper.....our light wieght camper is out traveling the heaver campers. And I can keep mine in the garage.

Usage is the tricky question the folks who might buy a TM must answer.
Old 08-24-2006, 06:51 PM   #7
hhoenig

we get only 2 weeks and a few week-ends in our 2004 2619, bought new,.I feel that is not enough time, and when I mention to my 2 kids (11 & 13) that maybe we should sell, they protest loudly, saying we have too many memories in the TM. When I hear that, the camper could have cost $50,000 and still be worth it. I am keeping mine.
hhoenig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 02:07 PM   #8
2kids2dogs-n-us

Talking

Hi, We bought our 2002 3023 in May and we LOVE IT!! I'm not sure which floor plan you are considering but this works out great for our family. We have an 8 yr old boy and 22 month old boy, and WOW what a step up from our tent trailer! The "pack and play" portable crib fits perfectly in between the couch and love seat. My oldest sleeps in the double bed, and we sleep in the queen. My hubby is 5'10" and it hasn't been a problem for him. I agree... no jumping jacks though!! If you are considering a tent trailer, let me save you the frustration... our TM sets up in less time and effort, I feel safer in it, we're a heck of a lot warmer, and we can go/do more with our TM, than we could before. My hubby said that even with the fresh water tank full, our TM tows considerbly better than our tent trailer. He noticed a huge difference. Only one draw back if you have a toddler... the buttons are eye level for everything and my little guy can't help himself and wants to play with them all. Also, the oven door handle is the perfect height for giving his noggin a floggin' when he isn't watching where he is going. All in all, it's perfect for us. We're taking it out this weekend for Labor Day, and already have a few trips planned for next summer.

Happy Camping,
Shannon
'02 3023 and Ford F250
Old 09-02-2006, 01:20 PM   #9
shunter917
Site Sponsor

Although it is usually just the 2 of us when camping, we have had as many as 4 adults and 4 children all sleeping in the 3023. Organization and storage was a challange, but we sure had fun!
shunter917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 10:52 AM   #10
Simon3xUD

Default How many (people, pets, whatever)....

....can you fit in a 3023 ?

The most I've had is 3 adults and 7 Australian shepherds. The dogs were all between 18-22" tall and 35-55 lbs. Oh, and did I mention the 3 or 4 adult guests we had one evening when they came to retrieve one of their dogs that had escaped from her pen?

I imagine it would have been amusing to observe the exodus from the TM from the outside - rather like one of those clown cars at the circus !