TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2017, 05:43 PM   #11
HoMiPa
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett View Post
Again, I have a slide and since it only pulls forward to the jackpost, do not need to unhitch to open .
Good to know - I always wondered how far the slide pulled foward, but I guess it makes sense that it can't pull farther than the post! Doh!
Old 08-07-2017, 08:05 PM   #12
Kidkraz
Site Sponsor

I have crawled into the camper with the back shell down, not easy for a woman my size. There is space to store your stuff depending upon the version you get. I have a 2619, so I keep sleeping bags, pillows, and any other items on the floor between the dinette seats. Also be aware the bathroom area also has some storage if you need it. I normally keep my broom, spare drinking water jugs there. As you probably did with your current and past campers, you keep needed and highly used items in the storage bins or cubbies. Some of us do stock the fridge with food before closing and heading out. I don't, so I do drag a cooler and once set up and the fridge is cold enough I stock it. It works for me. Good luck with your decision.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1083.JPG
Views:	165
Size:	767.0 KB
ID:	15926   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1351.JPG
Views:	169
Size:	1.39 MB
ID:	15927  
2016 Dodge Ram 1500 V8 Hemi
Installed powered folding tow mirrors

Stopped playing with airplanes, now I just enjoy watching them fly by.
Kidkraz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 09:08 PM   #13
tentcamper
TrailManor Master

No problems in the rain in our 3+ years of use. If the wind was blowing the rain sideways it could get wet when lowing, but if its raining to hard we wait for it to slow down anyways.
tentcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 11:00 PM   #14
Bailey'sMom
Site Sponsor

This is my fifth summer with my camper. During that time I have closed it down in the rain once or twice. It was no problem nothing got wet inside.

. I can't say the same thing for my old pop up. I left early one trip because it was going to be raining all day that day and the next so I started to pack up and had just dropped the bunk end support poles when it started absolutely pouring! So dumb me I waited it out about five minutes before I realized how wet my beds were getting and I closed it all up as fast as I could. Regretted trying to leave early.

Now I always pop up my campers when I get home anyway to unpack everything, but that five hours of sitting in soaked wetness really caused problems with my "canvas" and I always had mildew on it thereafter.

You would never have the same issue with the TM. Once you are to the point of popping down the shells it is really quick and easy. And as someone else said there is not much wetness that gets in the camper mainly it will be from the front shell sitting on the wet rear shell. My biggest issue when I closed it up in the rain was all the pine needles and twigs that I didn't take the time to clean off the rear shell because of the rain.

It takes longer to hitch up than it does to pop it down.

As for crawling inside it when closed.....no that won't work, but it ooens fully when hitched up. Just three weeks ago I had just closed it all down prior to heading out on vacation and had it all backed into the garage and ready to go except for putting my bike on the car. Then I realized that I forgot to turn the fridg fan on. I ended up pulling it into the street and popping up front and rear shells so I could open the door and turn the fan on. Then closed it up and had it back in the garage and to go in less than 15 minutes.

(RIP Bailey - 12/6/2020)
Welcome Sophie DOB 1/5/2021
Mini Goldendoodle (who's not so mini)

New to me 2010. 2720SD TrailManor
New to me 2010 Chevy Traverse

Both purchased July 2013

Factory installed 80W solar panel.

New batteries June 30th 2018.
(SLIGC115 Duracell Ultra 6V Deep Cycle Golf Cart Battery x 2)
New bag seals Sept 2020
Rohent R7 HD 1080P RV Wireless Backup Camera Installed Sept 2020
Bailey'sMom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 07:31 AM   #15
Padgett
TrailManor Master

Guess it depends on what you need and how limber you are. I am well past retirement and have no problem popping just the front module and climbing in over the tongue. Since almost all loose storage is between the fridge and the sofa or on the sofa, this is all accessible. Now to get into the wardrobe, rear drawers, lav, or rear compartments requires more of a set-up, so anything I might need is in the front and anything I will need is in the TV.

Just a matter of how you pack it.
Old 08-08-2017, 08:16 AM   #16
Larryjb
Site Sponsor

I think crawling in from the front makes more sense if you have one of the slide models like we have. The front bed (non _slide) would make crawling in more difficult. For me, if I have the front shell open already, it's not any harder to pop open the rear shell and go in the door.

2002 Tahoe
2008 4.6 Explorer
2001 2720SD

Various TM images that you may or may not find elsewhere:
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/forum/album.php?u=11700
Larryjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 08:50 AM   #17
BrucePerens
TrailManor Master

You'll also have to open the Trailmanor to change the tires.
Old 08-08-2017, 09:26 AM   #18
HoMiPa
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrucePerens View Post
You'll also have to open the Trailmanor to change the tires.
I've done it without opening. Wasn't easy, and it involved blocks and two jacks, but I did it.
Old 08-08-2017, 09:46 AM   #19
Padgett
TrailManor Master

Depends on what size tires you have. 235 yes. 205 LRD like mine I can remove without opening. Do not need the skirt to keep mud out either.

Just realized if I have a flat may be able to get the 205 off but might not get the 215 spare on. Now I'll have to check.

Brings up another thought: maybe a smaller high pressure (LRD 65 psi) tire has less lateral compliance and is more resistant to sway. Know in a street car handling improves if the rim is wider than the tread width and I have a 5.4" tread on a 6" rim. Also know that sway in a trailer is more likely if the pressure is low.

Toss in that adding a lift kit also raises the CG which increases lateral torque and reinforces my decision to go to a ST205x75R15 LRD (4300lb load rating for pair) and not install the lift kit.
Old 08-08-2017, 06:16 PM   #20
tentcamper
TrailManor Master

I don't know if its correct?? Wayne who use to have a TM about 3 years ago. He told me that with a 2 or 3 inch lift you did not need to rise the shell to change a standard size 15" tire. Anyone know what size lift you need?
tentcamper is offline   Reply With Quote