TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-26-2013, 06:57 AM   #1
ArkyDoodle

Default 2014 2417KS Sport

Does anyone know if the new (2014) 2417KS Sport can be equipped with vertical propane bottle(s) as opposed to the horizontal ones I've seen on other slide models?? (maybe it's available as an extra cost option??)

THANX!!
ArkyDoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 07:36 AM   #2
Redtail Cruiser
TrailManor Master

You could ask the factory, but I really don't see how they could do it. Looking at the website, the slide out comes out so far that there doesn't appear to be any room for a verticle tank. They would need to make the tongue longer, but then it wouldn't be 17 ft. when closed.

"A man creates his own legacy. Create a legendary life"
Redtail Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 08:19 AM   #3
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

Default One person's "solution"

In another thread (single propane tank), tampajohn describes his remedy for the horizontal tanks. Maybe you would consider what he is doing.

Personally, I have found my tanks to last at least 3 weeks of summer camping, cooking on my stove (outside) every day. Winter would reduce length of time between refills, but I think removing tanks to fill is going to take effort either way (horizontal or vertical tanks), and it is more convenient for them to be under the slide than to be messing with moving them around, running extra hose, etc. Refill every three weeks is not too often to remove the tanks, I think. Just my opinion, though.
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote