TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2014, 08:30 PM   #141
moaboy

Six gallons is what one gets in all but the most high end rv's. We have never run out.
Yea the sink is low, but sure beats washing dishes out side....
No RV is perfect, not even a TM.
Old 10-23-2014, 08:38 PM   #142
TrailManorMan
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by moaboy View Post
Six gallons is what one gets in all but the most high end rv's. We have never run out.
Yea the sink is low, but sure beats washing dishes out side....
No RV is perfect, not even a TM.

Close though !!!!!

2012 Chevy Traverse 2009.5 TrailManor 2720 with cassette toilet modification. Cat scale weight 3980 lbs. full tanks

"Retractable hard side camper", way more than a pop up

2020 has 28 nights reserved and planning more.
TrailManorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 09:03 PM   #143
Laura FM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
How thick is the foam topper that you are trying to use? We use a 1 inch egg crate that works fine. The quilt on top of it, however, is a no-no.

Bill
It is memory foam. I had one that was about 1 inch thick, and it sort of worked, but also pretty hard to close, so we decided to abandon. We bought a king sleeping sack (with attached sheets) and always sleep with the thicker side down, and that helped, and it is easy to just pull off. But still a bit more softness was needed. So, we bought two of these - and they fit perfectly on our king sized bed. They are also easy to take on/off.
http://www.costco.com/Novaform-2%22-...100109800.html
Old 04-29-2017, 07:21 AM   #144
Clayster

Default Elkmont 26

I have a 2017 Colorado diesel 4x4 and a first time travel trailer buyer. Locally looking at a elkmont 26' travel trailer that's look to be in good shape for 13,000.00 . Very light trailer but is it well built? It's a 2011 model with most of the upgrades. Is this a good buy or should I keep looking for a different trailer? I assume they are not made anymore. Can someone help me please? Thanks cly
Clayster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 12:54 PM   #145
Skyjim73

Clay, I think you are getting crickets because there just are not that many Elkmonts out there. Most of the membership here have the folding TMs, and lack direct experience with the Elkmont line...

Jim
3124KB delivered 5/2015 - early unit from Nebraska. TM installed Dometic compressor fridge, lower battery rails, 4AWG batt cable, and PD converter during build. Custom RV installed cassette toilet, two 260 AH 6V batts, 2 UniSolar 64 solar panels, Morningstar MPPT controller/meter.

Tow vehicle: 2016 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman CC 4x4 3.0 diesel.
Skyjim73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 07:43 PM   #146
bheisser

clay i will give it a shot,, go on rvtrader, search tempest and use google advanced search to search craigslist.org nationwide,,, as far as an elkmont i would think it could be serviced by any rv dealer,, it has standard components,,,it doesn't have any non traditional parts,.....like a foldable TM with the torsion bar system,,,so if the price is right,,,, it is as good as many

heres oone
https://austin.craigslist.org/rvs/6103018484.html
2017 Silverado 1500
Anderson 3324 WDH
bheisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 09:31 PM   #147
gonzo628
TrailManor Master

Clayster,

If I recall, the big complaint about the Elkmont was its roof, so you'll want to pay special attention to that.

-2006 3124 KB
-2016 Dodge Durango R/T
gonzo628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 10:34 AM   #148
Jsprague56

Unhappy Fit and finish issues

I have a brand new 2417KB and the delivery was months late. Unit also arrived with major build problems, prompting the need to have it almost completely reassembled.

I have the unit now and the door sweep is missing, two of the electrical outlets were not working (got those fixed), fantastic fan is leaking and the toilet (gravity flow) keeps getting a plugged filter, rendering it nonfunctional. 300 dollars so far to fix the outlets and the toilet (toilet needs to be fixed again after one trip)

There are huge gaps at each end of the beds. I contacted TM for warranty and got these small triangle-shapes for the corners. They are too small so still have big gaps.

The door catch (the one that holds the two door parts together) is improperly installed so it slips apart often when closing the door.

Contacted TM over a week ago for solutions to the door sweep and gaps and still no reply after a second email.

I am a VERY frustrated TM owner.
Jsprague56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 12:12 PM   #149
aslag54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsprague56 View Post
I have a brand new 2417KB and the delivery was months late. Unit also arrived with major build problems, prompting the need to have it almost completely reassembled.

I have the unit now and the door sweep is missing, two of the electrical outlets were not working (got those fixed), fantastic fan is leaking and the toilet (gravity flow) keeps getting a plugged filter, rendering it nonfunctional. 300 dollars so far to fix the outlets and the toilet (toilet needs to be fixed again after one trip)

There are huge gaps at each end of the beds. I contacted TM for warranty and got these small triangle-shapes for the corners. They are too small so still have big gaps.

The door catch (the one that holds the two door parts together) is improperly installed so it slips apart often when closing the door.

Contacted TM over a week ago for solutions to the door sweep and gaps and still no reply after a second email.

I am a VERY frustrated TM owner.
Pretty much the same experience I had with my new Nebraska built 2720QD. Out of the 11 months I owned it it spent 2 months at the factory where the 2 major mechanical issues were repaired but that was it, nothing else was was done for the lousy fit and finish. Plus it received additional damage such as a broken toilet lid and cuts in the floor. The new manager (Bricio) who came along with the delivery said he'd come back to get it in 4 weeks to finish repairs, that never happened. I must have called the factory close to 50 times, I'd talk to Bob (the owner) or Bricio and get nothing but false promises. My local dealer refused to work on it saying there was too much needed and Trailmanor Manufacturing hasn't been reimbursing for warranty work for some time. I gave up with the factory and took it back (1200 miles one way) to the dealer where I purchased it because one else would work on it. It was at the dealers for 5 months before I finally gave up and traded it in losing well over $6k.

Apparently Trailmanor moved to Nebraska sometime in 2015 so be very cautious with any Trailmanor made after 2014.

"What's wrong with Trailmanor?"
They don't care, once when talking to Bob (the owner) about when my trailer would get repaired he said: "we're too busy making trailers we actually get money for".
Custom RV (2400 mile round trip) where it sat 5 months waiting for parts
and repairs before I gave up and traded it in for a loss of close to $8K.
9,600 miles we traveled during the 11 months of ownership dealing exclusively
with repairs of this POS Trailmanor.
aslag54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 12:28 PM   #150
Larryjb
Site Sponsor

These stories are very sad to hear. I only hope that these stories are the exception and not the rule. TM has a really neat and unique trailer.

2002 Tahoe
2008 4.6 Explorer
2001 2720SD

Various TM images that you may or may not find elsewhere:
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/forum/album.php?u=11700
Larryjb is offline   Reply With Quote