TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-23-2007, 06:23 PM   #11
Doug W.

You do not need to be retired to enjoy the off season. All you need is to have grown kids. We went to Yellowstone in the middle of May a couple years ago. No crowds, it was great. We went to Branson, MO September or October last year, again it was great. They were busy, but not wall to wall people. We planned to go to Yellowstone again this year in late September or early October. My son's October wedding changed those plans. Not complaining, we really like his choice for our soon to be daughter-in-law. No big deal either, we are looking at going next year unless the stork should happen to visit before then and delivery our first grandchild. We do not bug them about it, because our future daughter-in-law's mother does it enough for four or five sets of parents. She has hinted that it is okay to be pregnent before the wedding if they are married before the baby is born. A little to pushy for my wife and my taste.

My wife's a nurse and this is one of holidays she has to work. She works nights, so I plan on being real quiet so she can sleep. She gets kind of cranky when she does not get enough sleep. I planned to hide in the TM fix my toilet, like Cheri. The level gage quite working at the end of the Branson trip. I filled and dumped the toilet three or four times hoping to solve the issue before closing up to come home. Sometimes it is handy to be real busy at work. I tried to get to it before our trip last week, but was busy with other things. Funny thing, the first time I dumped last week, it started working again.
Old 05-24-2007, 08:10 PM   #12
Doug W.

That is a good name for it, Leon. I am just glad I do not have the get the rubber gloves out and take it a part. I think I would call it "toilet repair by lucky procastination".
Old 05-25-2007, 12:41 PM   #13
2bcs1jrt

I wish I could say the same. I know waaay more than I care to about my TM toilet.
Cheri
Old 05-29-2007, 04:31 PM   #14
MukaboutintheNW

Default What a great trip!

Got back from our first TM weekend and we had a blast! It did not rain at all at Decepton Pass. Towing was fine, setup and takedown was really smooth. The beds were really comfortable and long enough for this long legged family, the bathroom was not as "scary" as I was thinking it would be - I'm 5'11", so is my son, DH is 6' and though a tight fit, it was very doable and it was great being able to take a shower in your own rig. No smell from the toilet using the "#1 only" rule, and dumping at the dump station was much simpler than I thought it would be. It was a luxury hotel on wheels compared to our tent trailer (which we enjoyed alot). We all loved the TM and I am looking forward to our next trip in July to Grayland Beach State Park. There was a nice couple who had stopped by and stayed for at least 1/2 hour looking at it and asking questions. We told them to come to this forum to learn more about it, they'll find everything they want to know here! Following another member's helpful advice, I brought a note pad and made a list of things I would like to have, change, don't need, etc. Here are just some things that came up for me, they would just enhance an already great trailer:

*Door - the top and bottom halves would separate sometimes when opening/closing. We'll have to replace that with a better inside latch. *Heater - wow, that thing was loud! But effective, I'm grateful to have had the heat when it got cold overnight. I'll have to search the forums to see if there's anything I can do to reduce the noise, also look into an electric portable heater (our friend had one, very quiet and put out lots of heat).
*Shower - Had already modified the shower curtain based on ideas from this forum, which was very nice to have that extra roominess. Will add a hands-free showerhead holder and add higher storage to the wall or shower curtain for shampoo and soap so we're not having to bend down so much in the shower to get to things. Already saw some great ideas on the forum for this.
*Cabinets - have added the slide-out drawers project on the honey-do list.
*Shelf- would like to have a shelf of some sort over the stove for extra storage.

By the way, the oven bakes up a great berry cobbler.

Sharon
Old 05-29-2007, 07:31 PM   #15
MukaboutintheNW

Thanks Leon, I'll look out for a ceramic heater before our next trip. I also like the idea of the sterilite tubs to use for the cabinets, we can do that fairly quickly without alot of time/effort. The pull out drawers probably won't happen for awhile, maybe a winter project. Or not. We have a lot of stuff on our "nice to have" list and its always being reordered or added to.

Sharon
Old 06-01-2007, 11:20 AM   #16
rjsmalley

Default Memorial Day weekend & welcome

Sharon,

Glad to hear your first trip out was a great success. My wife keeps saying that the TM is like staying at the Hilton. We absolutely love it.

We went to Lancaster County, PA this Memorial Day weekend. We had very hard rain/hail Sunday evening (was so loud, we couldn’t hear the television) and the area lost power for a while, but other then that we too had a great time. There were four of us plus one medium size dog, and all were very comfortable being shut in during the storm.

Every where we’ve gone with the TM, we always get an audience while we set up. This time was no different, but one of the spectators came and told us that someone just left the night before with the exact same model, they were from Texas and heading up to Canada.

Enjoy the TM.

Ray
Old 06-01-2007, 09:52 PM   #17
wbmiller3
Site Sponsor

We did a sort of semicircle around San Antonio over the last week, looking at county courthouses, Spanish colonial era ruins, and antiquing. Our two bases were in Goliad and Castroville, both were interesting small towns. Towing miles were ~500. Didn't have any TM issues but did have a flat on the tow vehicle on the Saturday before Memorial Day. Grateful to Vasquez Tire of Fannin, Tx who took the giant threaded bolt out of the tire and fixed us up! On the last two trips I have picked up hardware in the TV tires both times...this is a hot streak I will be glad to see end.

Overall a very nice trip.
2018 F150 towing 2001 2619; lift kit & 15" wheels
wbmiller3 is offline   Reply With Quote