TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Exterior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-27-2016, 05:57 PM   #21
RottieMom
TrailManor Master

Ditto what Craig said.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2013 TM 2720SL
2011 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT 4x4 Hemi 5.7
RottieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 09:13 PM   #22
[email protected]
BannedUsers

Default mmayville

I would like to know about your folding entry handle. Did you install it yourself or did it come with your TM? How is it attached to the upper shell? I have seen these before but never on a TM.
Tom
lnt123@att.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 04:17 AM   #23
mmayville

Yes I installed it myself. The wife needs assistance getting in and out of the door so I put it in. We had one on our hi-lo before we bought this one. It is very easy to install. Two bottom screws near the door screw into the double layer of aluminum. The top two are bolts that have a metal plate I made behind them and attach on the inside wall near the door. Care full with the length of the bolt as it has to clear the bottom shell when closing. I put the bolts through the wall and then the plate. After which I cut the end off the bolt as close to the nuts to make it short and as close to the wall as possible. The screws will not hold the top handle in the single layer aluminum. But it works like a charm.

2004 2720SL Swing Tongue
2015 Toyota Tacoma V6 4.0L
Many changes since I purchased it!
mmayville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 01:23 PM   #24
[email protected]
BannedUsers

Thumbs up thanks

I think I will use riv-nuts for this job. They are sooo much stronger than just screws and I won't need to have a backing plate. I bought the Mini Lend-A-Hand and it fits perfectly! Thanks for the info...I think I'll go install it now.
Tom
Old 07-30-2016, 01:42 PM   #25
Shane826
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I think I will use riv-nuts for this job. They are sooo much stronger than just screws and I won't need to have a backing plate. I bought the Mini Lend-A-Hand and it fits perfectly! Thanks for the info...I think I'll go install it now.
Tom
Can't wait to see the write up with n www.trickmytrailmano.com (cheap plug)!
SMARTER THAN GOOGLE!
Shane826 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 05:09 PM   #26
[email protected]
BannedUsers

Thumbs up right...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane826 View Post
Can't wait to see the write up with n www.trickmytrailmano.com (cheap plug)!
I better take my camera with me...also I have a new voltage meter that shows amps/current/watts/watt hours all at once that I will be tackling tomorrow...but my next biggest (and hopefully the last major one) is a conversion to disc brakes! I can't wait for this one. No more herky jerky when you let off the brakes AND with disc brakes you can NEVER over grease the bearings like I did once.

I put so much grease in there that it went past the grease seal and ended up greasing the brakes, drums, and the magnet to the point of NO BRAKES! Had to replace the brakes (backing plate and all) with new ones as you can not get all the grease out of there. The drums were a different story...you can clean the grease out of them. But boy howdy...what a hassle...and you know how I HATE hassles!!! So yes..disc brakes for ole Betsy (named after Davie Crocket's rifle ...the Disney series).

Tom....says thanks Shane for the plug!
Old 07-31-2016, 03:30 AM   #27
mmayville

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Tom
Unfortunately Tom I do not have a rivet gun. When you do this could you please send me a picture of the riv-nuts and the tool to install them? I would like to change this out so it is not in the wall. I have/had a short time to get this ready before the Tracer RV decided to impale my TM. So far things are going well with the repairs to my TM and we are chomping at the bit to get out of here on August 12 for a well deserved vacation on the beach. I am back in the classroom teaching day after labor day and my first day back to the Technology Center is August 30th. We are cutting it close this year and returning on the 27th.

As I posted before, we bought our TM in September last year (Birthday present to my wife and myself as our birthdays are back to back. Hers is September 26th and mine is September 27th.) Fast road trip to PA to pick up our new and improved RV and then the brake actuator key came out on the way home. So we are making it ours with new curtains, I put a spare tire rack on the back with the tube hookup and had it welded in place so I do not have to wrestle the under trailer spare tire mount. Best idea I have had all year. Also the tongue jack mount has a 2 1/4" hole on the top of the frame and a 2" hole on the bottom of the frame which I had my welding company enlarge the bottom hole to 2 1/4" so I can install my power jack.

Next question to the forum!!! The wire that runs my power jack is a 10 gauge wire and I need to hook it into the battery system. I am thinking of running it the length of the TM to the battery box in the back of the unit with a direct hook up to the battery because of the amperage. I do not see anywhere else to run it where it will not overload any of the fuses or breakers on the unit. (Suggestions for a shorter route?)

Thank all of you for those of us that know about RV's but are still learning the Marvels of our Trailmanor the gift that keeps on giving!!

I will post pictures of the new remodel of the interior when we get the sofa recovered with 3" of extra memory foam for us seniors that need the extra padding. Also the new curtains (where we found the clips for the slides that fit perfectly from another post on the forum). I am going to remove the spare tire rack from under the TM and either put it to the curb for someone to recycle the metal or if some here needs the part and I will see what I can do to ship it to them.

Mike

2004 2720SL Swing Tongue
Old 07-31-2016, 03:49 AM   #28
mmayville

Now on to another subject. The RV repair center has found my awning but in the process there are two brackets that hold the quick connect poles in place in the awning track attached to the TM. I need to obtain those two brackets so I can set up the Florida room. I have looked on Fiama's website and they have replacement parts for the awning but no hardware for the Florida room. Tom since you are so magical with your knowledge, I am wondering if you can fabricate these two bracket's for me? I have included a picture of the awning track where my fellow RV'er relocated my awning for me. It has a hole for the rod that is on the end of the quick connect pole that stabs into this opening to hold the pole in place. Just below the raised area for the hole is where the plate is flat and screws into the awning mount. I would appreciate any help you could give me on this.

Thank you

Mike
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1943.JPG
Views:	51
Size:	3.65 MB
ID:	13764   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1944.JPG
Views:	55
Size:	3.42 MB
ID:	13765  

2004 2720SL Swing Tongue
Old 07-31-2016, 06:18 AM   #29
scrubjaysnest
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmayville View Post
Next question to the forum!!! The wire that runs my power jack is a 10 gauge wire and I need to hook it into the battery system. I am thinking of running it the length of the TM to the battery box in the back of the unit with a direct hook up to the battery because of the amperage. I do not see anywhere else to run it where it will not overload any of the fuses or breakers on the unit. (Suggestions for a shorter route?)

Mike
When I rewired ours I ran it through pvc conduit but later found all wiring from the front could be run inside the frame. Put an 1 1/2 inch bushing through the floor of the back cabinet to run wires through.

mods: 2- 100 watt solar panels, on roof, 300 watts portable

“They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Benjamin Franklin
scrubjaysnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 02:13 PM   #30
[email protected]
BannedUsers

Thumbs up Riv- nuts....

here is a video that explains it all

watch that then just go on Ebay or Amazon and type in Riv-Nuts and you'll see all sorts of riv nut tools...the riv nuts themselves can be found at Home Despots probably as well as the tool...they are not expensive and if you can work a pop rivet gun you can work one of these ...

Now about the awning...I am not clear of what you are referring....are these the brackets that are mounted on the side of your TM that the support arms hook into? Kind of a plate with a little sliding metal locking rod? Or...does it have to do with the mounting of the awning itself? I would like to help if I can...
Tom