TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Interior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-03-2009, 01:27 PM   #11
Leslie & Nick
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanky View Post
Ok. Conclusion: I went to Ross and bought for $ 25.99 a nice Full size bed set (54" X 75") and fit very good. Thanks again to all that responded with some advice.
We have a 2619 and we use regular full size sheets (fitted and flat) that seem to fit fine. We also added a heated mattress pad which works out great when we're hooked up to an AC power source. We can camp in the coldest weather and still be comfortable (until it's time to get up when you'd better have those slippers close by)
Leslie & Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 06:27 AM   #12
HappyWDWCampers

I too am wondering what to do about sheets... for now we are going to use our sleeping bags from our tent, but I have a store hear that often discounts sheet sets to $7... I was wondering if I can use the double and King size sheets for deep pocket beds and have them work? It sounds like some of you have gotten them to work...
Old 09-02-2009, 08:28 AM   #13
Al-n-Sue

We use a regular king size sheet in our 3124KB - we have a 1 inch memory foam topper and the sheet works great. We don't make up the full size bed since there are just two of us - but I'm pretty sure it takes a standard full size sheet.
Old 09-02-2009, 11:42 AM   #14
4Kids2Dogs

I use flat sheets that I can tuck under the beds on the bottom and just a Coleman extra large sleeping bag unzipped on the top. I think they are queen sized flat sheets, as they have plenty of material to tuck under the mattresses and secure the sheet. I also have a vinyl flocked mattress cover on each bed to keep them clean. It isn't as nice as home, but hey, it's camping! We are thrilled to be out of tents. So it works just great for us.
1995 Ford F-150 w/Prodigy BC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
4Kids2Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 11:23 PM   #15
MudDog
TrailManor Master

We have 1" matress toppers as well and were going to use some sheets to sew a cover for it, but we were at Target one day at came across a kids camping themed bedding set.

We bought two of the comforters and they fit perfectly over the bed area and look real nice (the colors go well with the tan interior of our TM) and my boys love the camping theme. At night, we just lay the sleeping bags on top.

More expensive than the sheets, but they go real well in the TM and are real comfortable. They're heavy/thick enough to stay in one place without having to sew a pocket around the mattress topper.

We also got the latern night-light, a couple of pillows and wall art (we use velcro to stick it to the wall) in the same theme.

Woolrich Bedding Collection
Prodigy Brake Controller/TST TPMS
15" Maxxis M8008 225/75R15
Honda EU2000i (Tri-Fuel Converted)
160W Solar/Morningstar Sunsaver MPPT
Xantrex Link-Lite & ProWatt SW2000 Inverter

Current:
2016 KZ Vision 23BHS
2015 Ford F150 SuperCrew 3.5 EcoBoost
MudDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 11:32 PM   #16
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

For those of you who use the 1" mattress toppers / memory foam....are you just talking about an egg crate? Also, are you able to keep it on the mattress along with your sheets when you close the shells?

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 12:06 AM   #17
MudDog
TrailManor Master

Dave,

This is the mattress topper we have (it's actually 1.5 inch memory foam) and since we got it after the first couple of trips I sleep much better in the TM than I do at home. Without the topper I would wake up with a sore back. (I guess I should look at getting one for home too....or go camping even more often than I already do )

We found we can just flip the front topper forward (folding it once in the middle) and it allows the back shell to clear with no problems when it comes down on the front bed.

The rear bed is fine without flipping or moving the topper.
Prodigy Brake Controller/TST TPMS
15" Maxxis M8008 225/75R15
Honda EU2000i (Tri-Fuel Converted)
160W Solar/Morningstar Sunsaver MPPT
Xantrex Link-Lite & ProWatt SW2000 Inverter

Current:
2016 KZ Vision 23BHS
2015 Ford F150 SuperCrew 3.5 EcoBoost
MudDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 07:18 AM   #18
Al-n-Sue

Our topper is a flat piece of memory foam - not an egg crate design. We tried a 2 inch topper to start with and could not close the shell. With the one inch one it works but is snug. I sometimes find one of the lights has been turned on by the movement of the shell. We turn back the top sheet and blanket before we close to give some room at the end.

We keep the topper, sheets and a light blanket on the bed all the time - one of my wifes requirements is that we don't have to make the bed every time we go camping. Since we do lots of quick weekend trips, the time saved by not making the bed is significant over the summer.
Old 09-03-2009, 07:37 AM   #19
Redhawk

I've been using a thermarest air/foam pad on the beds, very comfortable and insulating, but may have to check into the memory foam, it would be nice to not have to deflate and roll up when packing. A big concern though is the cold, the beds do get pretty cold hanging out like they do, last trip it was 28 degrees, and I would have been chilly without the thermarests on the bed.