TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Electrical
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-31-2016, 07:14 AM   #21
stormpeakco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailey'sMom View Post
Spendy though thus far we've been totally satisfied with this set up (to the point we remove the drivers side suction cup mirror extension to improve line of sight for pedestrians etc. in our '13 Jeep GC with side traffic avoidance warning alert)....not sure what refinements (and if costs have dwindled) have[/COLOR] been done by the Massachusetts based co.
Additionally, there are no reverse image issues and the Sharx camera has proven to be durable, both water and snow proof. Only loss of signal interference are brief, under a half second long and occur on occasion when stopped or driving through some intersections with traffic/security cameras.

TM forum-search term rvrearviewcamera, begins on page 6 with follow up on page 7 & 8.

Quote:
So glad this thread came up again. Still pricey, but glad to know it works. I will have to remember this come spring. I would love it for backing into site.

How is the infrared at. Night?
I'm not sure how functional the range is in the dark....Mainly because of the wildlife, we've never driven for any significant duration nor navigated into a site beyond dusk (believe me when I say my trailer backing up skills are no better than a C+. Grade inflation-likely co-pilot Wife would remark no better than C-).
When backing up it is nice to see and just miss brush, rocks, tree roots and limbs in the path.
Zooming-resuming with the semi fish eye lens is easy with the "two finger pinch-spread touch screen manuever".
One may see headlights for over a mile back though the resolution-infrared range is not huge due to technical limitations (physicists/engineers chime in).
In spring I'll try to remember to try it out (drive &/or navigate) when "Mercury" emerges out of hibernation.

BUT I find it most reassuring while traveling on a highway and simultaneously
at a glance, be able to see vehicles (oncoming who haven't changed lanes to pass or ones that I just have passed) behind while at the same time in the foreground, the amount of bike handlebar and saddle movement on the rear rack when driving over a bump or dip in the road.
Lastly, the Motorola Droid Mini in the dash mount (with a small home-made out of recycled rubberized packaging sunshade) isn't a space occupying giant on the dash and during the day I gain up the cell phone brightness and at night I reduce it.
stormpeakco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 08:22 AM   #22
Padgett
TrailManor Master

Just for S&G I snapped a shot of the transmitter on mine (do need to trim the tie wraps back). For the next outing am going to try a 10" tab over the speedo with Torque Pro monitoring the speed/gauges at the center. Last trip had an issue with Florida sun washing out the display.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	transmitter.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	14532