TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Trailmanor Elkmont Models
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-10-2008, 03:40 AM   #31
wmtire

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgpmd1 View Post
I've been thinking about a Trailmanor for a while. Does anyone know when it may be available to order? Thanks!
Tgpmd1, if you are talking about "this" brand new upright Trailmanor (because up until this week, the folding versions were the only Tmanors available), then I would assume it is available for order now........since they have posted it on the Trailmanor website, with pricing.

A quick call to your nearest Trailmanor dealer (link below), should be able to confirm this.

http://www.trailmanor.com/pages/dealer-search/
Old 10-10-2008, 08:11 AM   #32
Virginia Deacon
TrailManor Master

Default "Folding Hardwall"

I'm disappointed that TrailManor's home page applies this nomenclature to the existing TrailManor. Sounds like a hybrid with hard sidewalls and canvas bunk ends. I'll continue to refer to our TrailManor as a Travel Trailer. Don't know if their term for the new model ("Upright") will stick. Does that make our TrailManors "Downright?" Aren't they both ""Travel Trailers?"
Virginia Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 12:52 PM   #33
Mr. Adventure
TrailManor Master

Being misunderstood by the rest of the RV industry is part of the TM heritage, I guess.

On a new subject:
I've frequently volunteered to take the point on lighter tow vehicles for towing TrailManors. I'm less sure I'll be doing that with this new model. It's larger side sail area relative to it's weight and it's higher center of gravity make me a little less comfortable until we have some real world experience.

A most memorable thing about towing a full height travel trailer is the swing dance one gets to do with overtaking vehicles one lane to the left who are going 15mph or so faster, first shoving the front of the trailer left (rear of trailer pushed right by the pressure wave caused by the passing vehicle) and thereby pushing the TV to the right, and a moment later shoving the trailer front right and the TV left just as the overtaking vehicle is passing alongside in the left lane. This behavior can be made worse, IMO, by heavy trailer to TV weight ratios, length of the trailer, a short TV wheelbase, and softness in the TV suspension (and a too lightly set WDH or a rear loaded trailer would make it all worse as well). It's possible that none of these would be adequately considered in a manufacturer's tow ratings, where they might be thinking only about engine power, braking, and transmission durability.

From the TrailManor website:
"TrailManor provides uniquely easy towing per pound due to the very low wind drag and the very stable ride resulting from axle placement."

"Light duty towing of a well-balanced trailer a few hundred pounds above the rating is much safer than towing a lighter, poorly balanced unit with a tendency to sway. Also, towing an upright trailer with large frontal area at highway speeds can damage a transmission even if the trailer weight is below the tow rating. "
Prodigy brake controller.

"It's not how fast you can go, it's how fast you can stop an RV that counts."
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 10:13 PM   #34
Beak12

Went to the Pomona CA RV show this weekend (Friday and Sat)(runs from the 10-19 Oct) Stopped at the TM site they did not have the new full size TM there Mat said he Hoped/thinks it will show up sometime tomorrow. (http://www.customrvsales.com/index.html
Old 10-16-2008, 05:12 PM   #35
DC Randy

I just got the email today and downloaded the PDF brochure. I am SO tempted to try and sell my '08 2720SL and see if I could get one! Wow!

My only concern is would there be towing sway. I've never had ANY sway towing the 2920SL. But I gotta tell you how jealous I am of my sister and her family and their upright when it comes to breaking down...they beat me by a good hour.

Maybe wait another year, since buying the "first" of anything new is always a bit risky. Can't wait to go inside one.
Old 10-24-2008, 06:01 PM   #36
penny48656

Personally I'd miss the sofa and bench seat. Loved the extra storage in the bathroom. Counterspace seems less as well.
Old 11-29-2008, 10:05 PM   #37
markandanne

Default Saw one in person today!

We had to drop off our 3124KB today for a little unanticipated warranty work on the way back from a week-long trip down to Austin, TX and back (see Mark's separate posts). We hadn't planned the stop at The Car Show in advance but it made more sense to drop her off on the way home since we had to drive through the Springs to get back to Longmont. Anyway, as we were pulling in I spied the new upright parked at the back of the building in the service area. I just had to ask if I could take a quick peek at the unit while we were there. They were doing some work on it and said it was a mess but I was welcome to look.

Some VERY QUICK impressions of the unit at The Car Show:

- Really long tongue on the unit because the batteries are stored just inside the front and there needs to be area for the door to swing out behind the propane tanks. Adds at least two additional (wasted) feet to the overall length of the unit.
- Fit and finish inside comparable to the anniversary edition. Upgraded sound system.
- Bathroom feels noticeably bigger - might even have room to turn around. No shower curtain excess. Floor-to-ceiling storage next to the toilet that appears to be useable. I think that the model we saw had the flush toilet since it wasn't the familiar recirculating model but I didn't think to ask.
- Didn't get a chance to look at the frig or other appliances but they all looked nice and nicely placed. Counter height seemed higher. Fixed hanging cabinets. Looks like more useable storage. Same single-bowl sink.
- Dinette table was not assembled but looks like it would be much sturdier on two 3" or 4" metal legs than our fold-out table. Would make down into a single bed, possibly on the short side but I couldn't be sure without measuring it.
- I saw where someone on the thread mentioned it would be dark inside yet that wasn't our impression.

We really only got the briefest of glimpses since we didn't want to get in the way of the work that was being done. It wouldn't work for us anyway, towing concerns aside, with the 3 girls but it looked like a very nice little trailer for someone who wanted a lightweight unit and didn't mind towing an upright.

Anne
Old 12-01-2008, 01:32 PM   #38
Al-n-Sue

Anne - I haven't seen the one at the Car Show yet, but talking to my salesman indicated that they are still having problems with sway, and it tends to a bit pricy compared to other similar sized TTs - although still lightweight compared to those others.

I think it has a very narrow market, but if the typical TM quality stands out, it could have some interest. It will at least give the dealers something else to show at the RV shows.
Alan
Old 01-13-2009, 03:09 PM   #39
cali camping

Anyone heard if these are available from the dealers yet? Any owners out there?

2007 2720SD, Dual 80 watt solar panels, flat screen LCD TV mounted on side wall, 210 Ah AGM Battery, Link 10, Dual Honda 2000EUi's
Cadillac Escalade EXT, Prodigy
cali camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 05:02 PM   #40
MK@florida

Trailmanor needs to stick to the models that made the company and focus and IMPROVE the quality on the products currently being manufactured. I know these trailors are designed to be light weight so how about shorting the shower curtain a bit which would eliminate several LBS !