TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Recommended Campgrounds and Places to Visit
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2015, 04:49 PM   #1
Terryl

Default Unicoi Springs CG, Helen , Ga.

We are in the process of buying a time share in Unicoi Springs RV resort. I've visited this one and find it to be one of the nicest and best run full service CG's I've found.
After you have a time share, yearly maintenance fees are $410.00 per year. This entitles you to free camping for 2 weeks out of ever four for the entire camping season. The resort sells the memberships for $3500.00 including the first years maintenance fees. By going on line you can find individuals selling their memberships for much less than half that price though.
Lots of things to do at the resort and also, Unicoi Springs State Park is less than a mile from the CG.
Some folks buy two Time shares and then they can camp for two weeks and then move to a different site and camp for another two weeks and then do it all over again. All without additional charges.
Old 04-19-2015, 05:03 PM   #2
Bailey'sMom
Site Sponsor

Not my style of camping, but better than some I've seen.

(RIP Bailey - 12/6/2020)
Welcome Sophie DOB 1/5/2021
Mini Goldendoodle (who's not so mini)

New to me 2010. 2720SD TrailManor
New to me 2010 Chevy Traverse

Both purchased July 2013

Factory installed 80W solar panel.

New batteries June 30th 2018.
(SLIGC115 Duracell Ultra 6V Deep Cycle Golf Cart Battery x 2)
New bag seals Sept 2020
Rohent R7 HD 1080P RV Wireless Backup Camera Installed Sept 2020
Bailey'sMom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 05:22 PM   #3
scrubjaysnest
TrailManor Master

Been there done that not again. These things run into cash flow problems and end up selling individual camp sites and the time share people lose out.

The one we were in changed owners 3 times; we were supposed to have two CG's to chose from in Fl plus others through out the country. By the 3rd owner we were down to one in Fl. The people who bought originally, at the last CG, weren't happy campers with the influx of new people. Made getting a site difficult.

We wrote it off as a loss and quit paying dues. Some bankruptcy judge out west sent us a nasty gram about two years latter. We ignored it as the 2nd and 3rd owners never gave us a new contract.

mods: 2- 100 watt solar panels, on roof, 300 watts portable

“They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Benjamin Franklin
scrubjaysnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 06:02 AM   #4
oldstick
TrailManor Master

Very nice location though, right there next to the state park.
oldstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 10:26 AM   #5
tentcamper
TrailManor Master

Nice looking, good location.

Had a time shares in the past. Very hard to get rid of when you no longer have a use for it. Since you are an owner, you must pay the maintenance fees or the group can foreclose on you, and if affects your credit.
tentcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 05:21 PM   #6
radwhopper

Default Unicoi State Park

Unicoi has a nice campground for those that like state park camping. Just a couple of miles up the road is Cherokee Campground where we usually stay when we are up that way.
radwhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 09:28 AM   #7
oldstick
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by radwhopper View Post
Unicoi has a nice campground for those that like state park camping. Just a couple of miles up the road is Cherokee Campground where we usually stay when we are up that way.

Agree, Unicoi is in the top tier of the GA state parks, all of which are pretty nice.

(But I have to admit the budget cutting and contracting-out in recent years has contributed to some overall decline in upkeep and services. Not Unicoi specifically but in general around the state compared to 20 years ago.)

Reservations recommended at Unicoi and most of the North GA parks, because of vast numbers of weekenders from the ATL suburbs.
oldstick is offline   Reply With Quote