TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2005, 02:11 PM   #1
h202sno

Default Interior Setup?

What's the scoop in interior set up and take down. I'm an interested buyer and trying to make sense of how the hanging cabinets and seemingly solid walls collapse down.
Old 11-15-2005, 02:33 PM   #2
2bcs1jrt

The bathroom walls fold down. The wardrobe slides into the hallway and then drops down to the floor. The hanging cabinets must be removed and set on the floor when closing. Then the beds slide in.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:18 PM   #3
genesc

Click on http://home.maine.rr.com/billjeffrey...M%20Manual.zip to download the 42 page manual. It has drawings of how the interior works plus how everything else works in a TrailManor.

genesc
Old 11-15-2005, 04:30 PM   #4
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Leon -

There are no photos in the Owner's Manual. However, as genesc stated, there are line drawings of the bathroom folddown sequence on page 14, and the door fold on page 15.

I agree that 2 minutes is probably a bit optimistic. It takes us maybe 3 minuites to do the things that are unique to the TM. Most of what you described, though - lawn chairs, tables, lights, toys - plus levelling, hooking up the water, electricity, sewer, cable TV, etc - must be done with any travel trailer, and so are not unique to the TM.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 05:40 AM   #5
Queeniereads

I am a 59 year old woman and can take down or put up the TM in a matter of minutes. I suppose, starting from scratch, (putting away toothbrushes and loading the crockpot and papertowels into the sink, and stowing the microwave and TV on the floor, etc) I takes me 20 minutes to put it all away and collape it. Hubby does the outside connections. On a slow day, we are off and running in 45 minutes or so. Most of what takes the time is what would take time on any TT -- the water and sewer conenctions. After a trip or two we had it down to a science. THe only thing we miss is being able to walk right into the TT on the side of the road to use the bathroom or get food out of the fridge. But, for the ease of towing and storage and for the way better gas milage (14 instead of 8), we have just not let this worry us. THe slide with the couch on it is a bit heavy especially with the hitch front and center, but I can still manage it alone if needed. THe interior walls etc. are easy. I highly recommend the TM. Go see one...and welcome to this forum! Queeniereads akak Judi
Old 11-16-2005, 11:25 AM   #6
Bill & Lisa

We have found it takes longer to get the TM level before opening in than it does to open it......but you have to level a regular Travel Trailer as well. So one way to look at it is what is the difference in setup time (i.e. how much longer does it take to set up a Trail Manor) between a Trail Manor and a regular Travel trailer that you tow upright to the sight. Given those parameters the answer is pretty close to 2 minutes and no more than 5. What is involved is:
1. Opening the front and rear Shells and extending beds or front slide
2. putting the door in place
3. raising the wardrobe
4. setting up the bathroom walls
5. Hanging the hanging cabinet if equiped and putting the microwave shelf in place.

Things like stowing the microwave etc. are not unique to the TM. One advantage to a full size Travel trailer is that you could permanently mount some items like a microwave but if you didn't you would take it off the counter and stow it where it wouldn't get damaged in transit. No difference with a Trail Manor.

From the time we pull into a camp site until everything is unstowed and set up how we plan to camp for that trip (sewer, electric, awning lights, TV, ground mat, outside chairs and tables etc) seldom exceeds 1 hour. If we were in a regular travel trailer it would still take us about an hour. Against that scale, 2-5 minutes is a minimal impact on our trip. Just my view on it.

Bill
Old 12-23-2005, 09:46 AM   #7
Bill & Lisa

Thumbs up New setup video

There is a new setup video available that will show you everything folks have been trying to describe in answer to your questions. It is very good. A picture is really worth 1000 words especially if it is a moving picture!

Go to WWW.trailmanor.com

along the top menu bar select show room

scroll down to "Video Media Center"

THere are 4 videos there one of which is called setup which will answer most of your questions.

Merry Christmas to all!

Thanks Trail Manor for the cool videos!

Bill
Old 12-23-2005, 12:05 PM   #8
MidwestDave

Cool New Video Media Center TrailManor Home Page

Wow! That is incredible! Check it out. It certainly cleared up some questions I had and I had already seen a demo a month and a Half ago.
Way to go TrailManor!