TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2015, 01:13 PM   #31
stormpeakco

Hope they're not all heading back to the Car Show for QA-Warranty related issues.
stormpeakco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 12:48 PM   #32
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

Hey, now! None were headed in the direction of Colorado Springs, so I believe all was well. The couple in the TV I saw yesterday looked very relaxed, as if they were just returning from a trip with no problems.

I may be fortunate, as none of my problems have been more than minor fixes. Yes, I would love to see better quality-control from the factory, but from the other forums I read, all manufacturers have bad units leave the factory. It is the bad units that we hear about. Few people will go to a forum and just post "I picked up a camper a few months ago, have camped 20 nights, and have had no problems".

Those who have purchased used units expect to have some things to fix, even if it is due to the previous owner messing-up something.

I need to go camping more! The days are getting shorter, which means winter is fast-approaching. Bummer!
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 04:07 PM   #33
stormpeakco

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToCamp View Post
Hey, now! None were headed in the direction of Colorado Springs, so I believe all was well. The couple in the TV I saw yesterday looked very relaxed, as if they were just returning from a trip with no problems.

I may be fortunate, as none of my problems have been more than minor fixes. Yes, I would love to see better quality-control from the factory, but from the other forums I read, all manufacturers have bad units leave the factory. It is the bad units that we hear about. Few people will go to a forum and just post "I picked up a camper a few months ago, have camped 20 nights, and have had no problems".

Those who have purchased used units expect to have some things to fix, even if it is due to the previous owner messing-up something.

I need to go camping more! The days are getting shorter, which means winter is fast-approaching. Bummer!
Yup, we'd all like to think that all of our spendy purchases were like 1970-80s M-Benz or Maytag, before they moved the factory to Mexico (I believe).
Love the TM concept though the combined execution by the OEM-dealer QA finished product may not seem up to par (and we are to be lucky compared to some).
Still awaiting our rebate for the 2/4/15 purchase (and any return communication from the home office) and it is worrisome that a faulty-leaky overseas manufactured water pump was installed in a new unit even though the factory invoice states Shurflo 2008. Love the simplicity of the Thetford Curve but have to wonder what other corners may cut in the assembly.

Like the Beatles would sing, gettin' better all the time.
Wife and I would be very happy if we had 10 months of winter here in colorful colorado.
Old 06-27-2015, 01:27 PM   #34
stormpeakco

Default Stbt Spgs sighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToCamp View Post

An Elkmont traveling north on US 40 through SS.
Old 06-29-2015, 06:55 PM   #35
Laura FM

Two sighting in the past couple of days - on Friday at Ventura Beach RV Resort. Then today, I saw one at a gas station in Shell Beach. Might be the same one.
Old 07-03-2015, 06:40 AM   #36
HIKERZ
TrailManor Master

We are camping at Tomoka State Park near Daytona Beach. Park is pretty full due to the holiday. There is a 3124 about 4 sites up.
Old 07-07-2015, 08:15 AM   #37
DoubleT

We saw a 2720 Silver Trail at an RV park in Talkeetna Alaska on June 9th. My wife talked with them and they were from Arizona. Had been on the Road for more than a month. Great State to RV in.
TV 2012 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4.6 V-8 w/Tow Pkg
Air Bags, Swing Hitch
DoubleT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 08:16 PM   #38
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

Default Seacliff Beach, CA

Last Friday I went for a walk along Seacliff Beach and this was my first sighting of a TM in Santa Cruz County for the year, it was a 2720 in the non-hookup section. I think I remember the owners, IIRC they are from the Sacramento area and bring their grandchildren to the beach when they can to enjoy the area. They weren't outside so I didn't go bug them. They also had a navy blue Prius along with their tow vehicle. I think their names are Ron and Teri, but it could have been another trailer.

Today I talked to a nice lady that I know from work and found out that she and her husband had recently purchased a 2720 from the dealer in Colorado Springs. We had a great chat about our trailers and I showed her my first picture of our TM coming home from Roberson RV in Salem, and also the pictures of our "owie" from the wheel on the way home from Yosemite. It was nice to talk to another TM owner so close to home.
Old 07-10-2015, 07:05 PM   #39
stormpeakco

A 2619 sighted in Steamboat Springs on friday outside of Qdoba.
Old 07-11-2015, 07:48 AM   #40
MarkoPolo
TrailManor Master

Saw a 2619 pulled by a black Nissan Xterra exiting I70 at Frisco CO yesterday.
There is a really old Trailmanor Model 23 from Missouri at the Ouray RV park. Will try to take a closer look today before our photo course starts. We saw it leaving today, pulled by a dark blue Jeep.
MarkoPolo is offline   Reply With Quote