TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Electrical
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-29-2005, 09:27 AM   #1
hugoscheuer

Default Wiring for front roof

My front roof circuit has a high resistance connection before the fan, which is the first unit shown on the wiring diagram. There must be a connection point prior to the fan as it is a "spur", and not in series with the lighting. The power to the LP detector does not falter, so the fuse and wire to that point is ok, since they are on the same circuit at the panel fuse.
Does anyone know where there are or is a connector after the spur for the LP detector and the fan????

The factory diagram is too rudimentary to show it.

Thanks,

Rusty
Old 11-29-2005, 02:11 PM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Rusty -

The connections are made with squeeze connectors, which I personally dislike. They can be troublesome when a yellow connector (for #10 or #12 wire) is connected to a #14 or #16 wire - sometimes the blades in the connector don't adequately penetrate the insulation on the small wire. I've had little actual trouble with these, but I have replaced a couple that looked iffy with standard wire nuts.

Have you checked the squeeze connectors at each location you've looked at?

For a picture of what I call a "squeeze connector", go to www.mcmaster.com and type 690 in the FIND box. It is the first item on the page.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 06:51 AM   #3
hugoscheuer

Default electrical for front roof

Bill, I can't find the location of the juncture which feeds the various front roof lighting/fan terninations Is it behind the breaker-fuse panel?? There is one wire from the fuse which disappears in the bundle behind the panel. It must go to a junction which then fans out the wires to the various terminations at lights and fan. I don't know where that junction is.

Thanks,
Hugo
Old 12-01-2005, 08:29 AM   #4
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Hugo -

I don't know where the connection is. The factory diagram is intended to show electrical connectivity, but not the physical aspects of connectivity, so I wouldn't expect you to be able to find it from that diagram.

My guess, based on the lighting work I have done in my TM, would be that the spur connection is located under one of the light sockets on that circuit. You need to identify all of the devices (lights, fans, etc) that are fed from that one fuse. You can do that, of course, by turning everything on, then pulling the fuse and seeing what doesn't work any more. Then remove each device by unscrewing it from the ceiling, wall, etc, and look underneath. At each one, you will see the squeeze connector for that device. One of them may have an extra wire, and if so, this will be the spur you are talking about.

You didn't mention what model TM you have. In my 2720SL (water tank under the sink), there is a 12-volt distribution point under the kitchen sink. It may be there. If you have a model with the water tank under the couch, the distribution point may be there.

Again, this is only my guess - but it is how I would begin. Sorry not to be more help.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 08:30 AM   #5
mjlaupp
Site Sponsor

Hugo
Look behind the panel at the floor in the left hand cabinet door under the kitchen sink.
Mike

2013 Jayco Eagle Premier 351RLTS 5er - Honda 2000i x2 w ext. run tank

2017 F350 King Ranch ultimate CCLB SRW 6.7L V8 TD Fx4 BakFlip F1 & BakBox

TM History: '97 2720, '02 2720SL, '03 2720SL, '04 3326K. 2001 - 2012 yrs owned.

1990 Isuzu Trooper II 283 V6
mjlaupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 08:30 AM   #6
ripp1202
TrailManor Master

Look under the sink
Old 12-06-2005, 11:09 AM   #7
hugoscheuer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjlaupp
Hugo
Look behind the panel at the floor in the left hand cabinet door under the kitchen sink.
Mike
Found it, Thanks

Hugo